thoughts? hatch lock won't shut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts? hatch lock won't shut

hey, ok, so recently my hatch lock has been acting kind of funny... it sometimes won't close... so i would have to try a couple times to shut it. Now though, it just won't close, it seems like it gets low enough and is hittin it right...could the lock just be worn out or what? any ideas? thanks in advance

Re: thoughts? hatch lock won't shut

Pull back the carpeting and check it out. Also, you could adjust those little bumpers on the right and left just by twisting them like a screw to allow your hatch to go lower just in case that's a possible solution.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

spray some wd40 in the locker thing. Mine used to get stuck closed so it wouldn't open unless I rattled it a lot.

Comment

I have the same problems...tried all suggested and NOTHING.
        Phil

Comment

Lube the lock mechanism. Adjust it if needed. It is a very simple device. Pull back the carpet and have a look.

Comment

This advice is obvious and I have done it. It does not work. This is why I did this post.
            Phil

Comment

Alrighty then. Good luck.

Comment

Well, the hatch lock for the Firebird and same year Camaro are NOT the same. a long spring on the Camaro is not on the firebird. I bought one on ebay and it is NOT the same.
                Pisses me off that the damn unit went bad in the first place. junk yards want about $70 for this used part...much too much money.
                Phil

Comment

Wow, $70 for a used lock is silly, I would of thought they would be the same lock myself. How much is a new one if they actually sell them?
                  08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                  96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Check the alignment of the latch from inside the car. Remove or lower the adjusters all the way. Lay down the rear seat, grab a flashlight and get inside the trunk. Pull the trunk lid down and check the alignment. If needed loosen the 2 bolts that hold the latch to the trunk and adjust side to side and up and down. Hope your not claustrophobic. :tup:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X