Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: a/c compressor

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
    yes it will help, but you shouldnt have disconnected them, unless you dont drive the car

both hoses form into one mount, which is held on by one bolt

i cant remember how many bolts are back there

and yes, that is where the two seals are, make sure when replacing them you put them on the right way and cover them with oil
    Do you mind explaining the way the seals are installed? Do they have different sides in which they go? Also, does anyone know how to properly install the pag oil and how much? Thanks guys for all of the useful info !

Comment

the seals fit over the flange on the a/c piping.

the pag oil goes into a compartment on the back of the compressor, that the lines do not run into.
      Y87 Package
      MANUAL CONVERTED, Pro 5.0 Shifter
      Pacesetters, Magnaflow Cat, Cutout, Flowmaster

MOGOB APPROVED!
      BONE APPROVED!
      VANBIBBER APPROVED!
      KRISTEN APPROVED!

Vice Prez.
      Team Black...TEAM EMO
      sigpic
      Come on kids! Get a Calendar!

Comment

put a little pag oil on the seals as you install them so they install without tearing and you can put the pag oil into the compressor port then slowly rotate the compressor so its distributed around and won't lock the compresssor up then hook up the lines and vac then recharge , the amount is ussually a couple of ounces and varies on the size of the system and if it was dry or previously in use .but the key is not to over use the pag oil so it won't clog up the orfice.

as driving with the line not hooked to the compressor its not recommended if you are going to hook up and use the system again unless you plug off the lines to keep the moisture and dirt out of the system , if you don't your going to have to replace the accumulator/dryer before you reuse the system , but if your like me and are not going to use they system again just remove the system completely, and get the 20 +pounds weight savings .
        Last edited by 95 l-32; 07-23-2008, 09:19 PM.

Comment

After talking to a Technician, the amount of PAG Oil you install into the system, depends on which parts you replace. It was noted that no more than 8 to 9oz are allowed into the system. The condenser usually holds an ounce, the accumulator and the evaporator might hold the same amount also. Replacing the accumulator is best to change out also, during a compressor change. It mostly collects junk. Basically like a oil filter.
          I found a kit on Ebay that for 259.00, including delivery, you get a new compressor, accumulator with upper hose, expansion valve, Pag oil and all of the o-rings. Kits on its way, will let you know how the install goes. BTW, there is a tech line you can call for troubleshooting the install also.

Comment

Can anyone tell me exactly where the Orifice Tube is located? I was thinking it was located on the high pressure side, just before the evaporator. Can someone upload a pic showing the exact location? My system is not pressurized yet, and its the only part I lack in changing out. Thanks !

Comment

orifice tube is on the accumulator(canister)
              WAWA-A-HOLIC

Comment

Sorry to reopen a dead thread but can't find answer anywhere! I replaced my ac compressor recently like on saturday and found my car to not have a rear ac compressor mount. My question is if it hasn't broke without the ac compressor not running and doesn't move when I jump the relay to activate it because there is oil in the system, will it break once charged? The front mount that is?

Comment

Originally posted by kristen View Post
                  orifice tube is on the accumulator(canister)
                  What do you mean internaly? Bought one for warranty might keep it as a spare part.;)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X