Rough start when cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough start when cold

Ever since i installed the MSD wires my car doesnt start as good when its cold. It almost starts then goes back down and then starts up fine. I can shut it off and after the first time it starts fine. It definately runs alot better and smoother with the new wires. Idle is a little rough when cold too. Overall the car is alot better off and seems to have a little more kick. It isnt hard to get it to start or anything but its not quite as good as it once was. Any thoughts on this and if it would be the wires or something else?
    1996 Camaro -- SLP CAI, Motorvator TB spacer, MSD 8.5 mm wires, 180 thermostat, Pacesetter headers, Catco 3 in cat, TSP Rumbler, custom painted interior, 18x9.5 Z06 replica wheels, Nexen N3000 265/35r18 tires, - Best 1/4 mile 15.3@89mph

I know what you mean ,I had the same prob. for a few starts after putting on the MSD SC's.It now starts in a flash,after maybe 4-5 cold starts.IMO it could be that the computer must "relearn" how to deal with the tremendously less resistance going to the plugs?Of course with that said,more votage should also reach the plugs & maybe it can "see" that?I heard of stranger things but don't know how else to explain it.Keep us posted if you keep having problems withthe MSD's.
    geocor

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X