motor goes in from top or under car? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

motor goes in from top or under car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motor goes in from top or under car?

top or under?.....how do you yank these motors

gm instals from under,can they come out from top?

yep they can come out the top....I've seen some people just pull them right out...you may have to slant it sideways as you pull it, or you might have to take off some of your intake, etc. to give enough clearance

Comment

I am wondernig the same thing. I want to keep all the accessories on when i put it in. Would it still be able to fit? How about the tranny.
      Hot Cammed LT1 Sleeper

Comment

When I swapped my brothers 3.4 for a LT1 we left the tranny on the 3.4 but it wasn't such a good idea. It broke some of the plastic where the windshield wipers sit and I was afraid if it where any tighter that it would've cracked the windshield. When dropping in the Lt1 the tranny had to come off, no doubt about it. Trust me without a transmission jack and a lift it sucks putting that tranny back in there. Its heavy.
        1995 Pontiac Firebird 3.4L <br />TA front bumper, TA rear bumper, 98-02 Honeycomb tailights, GM Ram Air hood, 2k C5 18X9.5 Corvette rims all the way around, custom autoloc shaved handles, camaro two tone interior, silver badging, clear front marker lenses, RK sport headers, gutted cat, dynomax dual exhaust, Rear disc rearend, Richmond 3.73 gears, Zexel torsen LSD, Cross drilled front rotors, 2 12\" MTX thunder 8000s, Clarion 400W amp, MTX 5 1/4 <br />Components, thunder 4262 amp, pioneer head unit, Hypertech power programmer (Yes it does exist)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X