car missing real bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car missing real bad

i didn't know which forum to put this in so i figured this one would work. here's what my problem is.

96 firebird M5, Y87, missing real bad under throttle load. starts fine, idles fine, throws 7 different codes.

Things ive changed:

all upper intake and exaust gaskets, removed cat, changed all O2, ICT, TPS, IAC, ICM, PCM, IAT, EGR valve, coils, platinum autolite plugs, wires, fuel filter, and thats about it.

i think that i may have an injector out but i don't know how to check that. maybe fuel pump. i have a 95 lincoln Mark VIII that was doing basically the same thing only worse and it was the fuel filter, plugs and wires, and fuel pump. any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Re: car missing real bad

14, 15, 22, 54, 55, 34, and i cant tell what the other one is my dad has bad handwriting. it is like it is sending out OBDI codes on an OBDII car. idk what to do.

Comment

When this happened to me, and it sounds alot like what happened to me, I got bad gas from a new station that left water in tanks when they sank the tanks building the new gas station. That in turn messed up fuel pump, that clogged fuel filter, I had to replace that thing 3 times after I ran the bad gas out of the tank, then there was tiny water molecules in the infuel injectors that couldn't pass through injectors and caused random misfires. I had to replace all injectors, clean all fuel lines and the bad detonation blew upper intake gasket out. So as I was fixing all this bad stuff the final fix was the upper intake gasket.

I also changed most of the things you changed in your quest good luck and I hope more people can help you out :tup:
      Originally posted by kala
      I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
      parting her out

Comment

also replaced the temp sensor (ICT 3-wire under the throttle body )and the gauge gets real hot real fast. turn off the key and turn it back on and the temp shows a drop of about 40 deg. i know no engine cools 40 deg in 2 seconds. any ideas

Comment

the motor seems to clean up about 4000 rpms but still is falling on its face

Comment

Originally posted by 96redbirdgt View Post
            14, 15, 22, 54, 55, 34, and i cant tell what the other one is my dad has bad handwriting. it is like it is sending out OBDI codes on an OBDII car. idk what to do.
            I think you really need to check the scanner, scanner should just plug into car and to the best of my knowledge you shouldn't have to load what type of vehicle it is your plugging into.

TEAM BLACK!!!
            parting her out

Comment

i tried using the one at autozone and it wouldnt even power it on.

Comment

i tried using the one at autozone and it wouldnt even power it on.

wierd, did car run for you fine before this or did you get it with problems?

TEAM BLACK!!!
                parting her out

Comment

Have you done a compression test to make sure you don't have a blown head gasket or a burnt valve?

Unless your using a Snap On scanner in OBDII generic mode, YOU DO have to let the scanner know what type of car your plugging it into.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post

Unless your using a Snap On scanner in OBDII generic mode, YOU DO have to let the scanner know what type of car your plugging it into.
                    word. learn something new. OP sent me this in a PM

the scanner will only read the car if you put that it is a 95 pickup with vin K and a manual.
                    thats the reason he changed the computer. Any ideas on what would cause that?

TEAM BLACK!!!
                    parting her out

Comment

I would look at the VIN stored in the PCM and see if it matches the car. It's posible someone changed the PCM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrian442 View Post
                        I would look at the VIN stored in the PCM and see if it matches the car. It's posible someone changed the PCM.

But he then changed the PCM and is still getting the same results, weird ****. Does the IBCM tie in to the OBD2 anywhere because the 96's are known to have issues with IBCM and he has a 96

TEAM BLACK!!!
                        parting her out

Comment

The only BCM signal the PCM gets if for the VATS and that should be start or don't start.
                          He need to check for mechanical causes, compression test and see if it holds fuel pressure when he shuts it off.
                          sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X