GM Spark Plug Wire recall?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Spark Plug Wire recall?

Does anyone have a copy of GM TSB 99057 regarding the recall due to to defective spark plug wires on the '98 Firebirds?

Pontiac is trying to jerk me around on this. Early last year, my car suddenly had major problems. So, I took it to the dealer and it was diagnosed as bad wires. They charged me $240 for the repair. I later found out about this recall and went back to the dealer to get reimbursed. They said they would only reimburse me for the part (47.00) not the labor ($170) I was not satisfied with this answer so I called Pontiac Customer Service. After checking on this, they agreed that I should be fully reimbursed.

Well, I never received a check so I contacted them again. Of course they had to reinvestigate. The dealer told them I had replaced the wires myself(despite the fact I have my invoice clearly showing them doing it). Long story short, (too late) Pontiac has now decided that I will not be reimbursed anything. I know I could get a subscription to Alldata for 24.95, but all I need is a copy of the recall (which neither Pontiac or the dealer will give me.)

Thanks!!!!
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: \"WOW!!!!, what a ride!\"

Wow. You really got raped. Bastads.
    2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

Hey call the better buisness burea by the way pontiac no longer puts out recalls unless forced to they just make tech notes
      Also i found something cool out on 4.6's the right valve covers leak hah
      My new ride 2000 camaro, No mods yet still waiting for warranty to run out then all out heads, cam, and supercharger

Comment

170 bucks to install wires!!! [img]graemlins/omg.gif[/img]

dude gimme a call next time, i'll do it for 20 bucks, and a 6 pack!!! :D

thats [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] the way Pontiac is treating this, get mean with them man, its the only way to get results!!!
        <a href=\"http://www.velocitysix.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Velocity Six Car Club</a><p>1999 Pontiac Firebird A4<br />15.384@87.13mph

Comment

There was one on 98's ? I know there was one on 97's for sure but 98's had this problem also?

Comment

Here's a quote from my copy of the letter:

"Condition:

This letter is intended to make you aware that some 1995, 1996, 1997, and 1998 Chevrolet Camaro model vehicles, equipped with a 3.8L V6 engine, may experiment driveablitily complaints, such as rough idle, misfire and/or illumination of the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL), requiring the replacement of spark plug wires. These conditions may be due to a cracked spark plug boots, connector terminals corrosion or unseated terminals.

Action:

To address the above mentioned condition, General Motors is providing owners with special warranty coverage. If this condition occours on your 1995, 1996, 1997, or 1998 Chevrolet Camaro or Pontiac Firebird within 7 years of the date your vehicle was originally placed in service or 70,000 miles, whichever occurs first, the condition will be repaired for you at no charge. Other conditions that may cause a similar or different driveability complaints, or cause a Malfuction Indicator Light illumination, that are not a result of the spark plug wire failure are not covered by this special policy. Any repairs that would be necessary due to other conditions would be your responsibility, if you elect to have your dealer provide the service."
            --Traded In--<br />1998 Navy Blue Metallic Camaro (RS)<br />3.8L V6 w/4L60E Auto<br />Sport Appearance Package<br />T-Tops - Loaded<br />_ _ _ _ __________________ _ _ _ _ <br /><br />--New--<br />2003 Victory Red S10 Xtreme w/Silver Stripes<br />2.2 L4 w/MW2 5 Speed Manual<br />LS Package

Comment

My Dealer in Abilene played ignorant until I gave him the TSB number at which point they did mine for free, no charges at all. Go back to Pontiac, be nasty this time.
              97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

Thanks R&K Sport...I'm going to take that and stick it to 'em....I'll probably end up in small claims court!! :mad:

Thanks to everyone else that replied!! ;)
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: \"WOW!!!!, what a ride!\"

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RedBird98:
                  Thanks R&K Sport...I'm going to take that and stick it to 'em....I'll probably end up in small claims court!! :mad:

Thanks to everyone else that replied!! ;)
                  <hr></blockquote>

No you won't, just stick it to 'em. All I do is give them my Italian attitude and **** always gets done for me. :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X