Ngk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngk

My car has 30,000 miles with NGK spark plugs. The wires have maybe 50,000 miles or more. Some times when the car is in idle, there are some minimal loops in the revs and the tacometer decreses just about 10 or maybe 20 RPM but besides that the compression feels great while driving. Do you recomend to replace the plugs and the wires?
    Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Re: Ngk

yes. are the ngk copper or plats?
    Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

how does the compression feel good while driving, that makes no sene

Comment

Originally posted by borispeed View Post
        My car has 30,000 miles with NGK spark plugs. The wires have maybe 50,000 miles or more. Some times when the car is in idle, there are some minimal loops in the revs and the tacometer decreses just about 10 or maybe 20 RPM but besides that the compression feels great while driving. Do you recomend to replace the plugs and the wires?
        Did you mean 10-20, or 100-200 rpm? 10-20 rpm is almost imperceptible, and is certainly no cause for worry. 100-200 on the other hand might mean it's time for a tune up.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadyFirebird'00 View Post
          yes. are the ngk copper or plats?
          Iridium V-Power
          Camaro99\'3.8, original spoil package (no body mods...PROUDLY), K&N, Lid 3800II, SLP CAI, Flowmaster, Z28Chrome Tips, 180* Thermostat.

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro View Post
            how does the compression feel good while driving, that makes no sene
            Sorry I was sleeping. I just wanted to say that just when the engine is in iddle it feels those loops.

Comment

Originally posted by EarlR View Post
              Did you mean 10-20, or 100-200 rpm? 10-20 rpm is almost imperceptible, and is certainly no cause for worry. 100-200 on the other hand might mean it's time for a tune up.
              Today I checked my tachometer, it drops to 50 sometimes to 100 rpm

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                New Owner!
                by LETZRIDE
                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                3 days ago
              • ssms5411
                Little work today
                by ssms5411
                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                2 weeks ago
              • LETZRIDE
                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X