Keyless entry remote went out and more..... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keyless entry remote went out and more.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyless entry remote went out and more.....

Yesterday all of a sudden my keyless entry remote died on me. I put a new battery in and that didn't help. There was all kinds of black $hit in there. Like some kind of black liquid stuff. I don't know much about electronics so not sure if that is from something inside going bad or what.
    So that happened yesterday and then this morning when I pulled into work, I turned the key off and my radio cut off and there was no power (usually when you cut the key off with the doors closed the radio stays on and there is still power). All my radio presets were cleared out. I started the car up again and turned the key off and this time the radio stayed on. Could the keyless entry remote going out and the problem this morning be related?

I am going to check and be sure everything checks out around the battery and all on lunch, just incase.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2093533\" target=\"_blank\">CarDomain Page</a>

A little update:
    Went out on lunch and all connections to battery were good. Stopped at Publix and turned the key off and lost power, waited a couple seconds and tried to turn the car on and nothing! No power anywhere. Went into publix, came out and the car started, rpms fluctuated for a couple seconds and then settled down, the gauge for the battery was jumping around also. I made it back to work fine. I am thinking it's just the battery. I will buy a new one tonight and hopefully that works.

If anyone thinks it's something else, please let me know.
    <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2093533\" target=\"_blank\">CarDomain Page</a>

Comment

Battery was dead, bought a brand new Optima. Stupid keyless entry remote still doesn't work though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        4 days ago
      • ssms5411
        Little work today
        by ssms5411
        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
        2 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X