"Redline"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Redline"

At WOT my car does not shift at redline. I have had my car reprogrammed for my 3.42s with a VIN from a '99 Y87. It shifts at about 5650-5700 which is right where the yellow starts. Is this normal?

No. My trans is screwed and shifts at 6K with all kinds of gear combos with no pcm programming. It's just slipping real bad and takes its time. Your's should shift at 6K unless tranny is going bad.

Comment

Mine shift(ed) at 5800RPM before it was totalled today. So yes its normal.
      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
      Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

But you guys are forgetting that the tach is 200rpm too slow. Autotap will show 6K.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheCardinal:
          Mine shift(ed) at 5800RPM before it was totalled today. So yes its normal.<hr></blockquote>

TOTALLED?? Card, Im sorry to hear that! You alright?

I checked the 1-2 shift just now and it shifts at about 5550-5600, even with the tach bein 200rpm slow its still a little off, maybe its my transgo shift kit?

Comment

no that's completely normal. I have 3.42s straight from the factory (Y87) and the 1-2 shift goes to the red hashes (5600 or so) but the 2-3 shift will go all the way to 6,000. Trust me, I do it enough times to see it myself! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X