Need help finding headliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help finding headliner

My headliner in my camaro has decided it wants to fall down and touch my head. Where can i get a new one other than the dealership? Any links would be great. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.
    1996 Camaro -- SLP CAI, Motorvator TB spacer, MSD 8.5 mm wires, 180 thermostat, Pacesetter headers, Catco 3 in cat, TSP Rumbler, custom painted interior, 18x9.5 Z06 replica wheels, Nexen N3000 265/35r18 tires, - Best 1/4 mile 15.3@89mph

is it just the fabric? or is it the "backbone" to the headliner, what the fabric sticks too....if its just the fabric go buy some at an upholstrey shop and get some spray glue, spray is back up there and your good, or just go to an upholstrey shop and theyll do it for you...maybee 100$

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

The backbone of it is fine. Its just the fabric is coming off and falling down.
      1996 Camaro -- SLP CAI, Motorvator TB spacer, MSD 8.5 mm wires, 180 thermostat, Pacesetter headers, Catco 3 in cat, TSP Rumbler, custom painted interior, 18x9.5 Z06 replica wheels, Nexen N3000 265/35r18 tires, - Best 1/4 mile 15.3@89mph

Comment

in that case its very easy to do yourself..im assuming you know how to take the headliner down, so I wont explain that....when you get it down and on the floor rip off all the old stuff...clean it well and make sure its smooth, if not you'll see all the little spots you missed....now I got some nice black suede for 20$ yd. so I recovered my headliner and sidepanels...but your just looking for a fix...so pick up some fabric..your choice whereever you can find your color....get some 3m spray adhesive...read the bottle, there are many kinds...find one that says for bonding fabrics and foam...spray down the foam(not too much) let it get tacky and start spreadin your fabric if you have some extra fabric practice on something else that has edges and contours so you know how its gonna bend and stretch....its a pretty easy job...but think of it as an upgrade opurtunity suede or maybee twede is what you like can be put up there just as easily as regular fabric....post back with some pics when your done...good luck ;)

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
        05' CTS-V
        00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Thanks for the help. Actually i dont know how to take the headliner down but it shouldnt be hard at all to fiqure out.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            5 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            3 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X