car keeps dying during start up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car keeps dying during start up

when I start up my car the car rpms just jump up and down now if I give it some gas during start up the car will run fine any ideas on whats the problem

Re: car keeps dying during start up

check your fuel filter

Comment

and how would I do that Im not sure where it is or do I have to raise the car up if its a lot of trouble I would rather take it to the shop my car is a 98 btw

Comment

just use a jack and its right under the car... easy to get to.
        Welcome future UK stars... Darius Miller, Deandre Liggins, Kevin Galloway, Josh Harrellson

Comment

Originally posted by josh98bird
          just use a jack and its right under the car... easy to get to.
          yeah, or drive it up on ramps

Comment

i used ramps alot easier.

Comment

Yeah, it's on the driver's side of the car, near the rear.... in front of the lower control arm. Just follow the fuel lines. It's a very easy change. Takes around 10 minutes for me counting the time it takes to jack it up with a crappy floor jack.

When you get it in the air, make sure it's supported by stands, and wear some safety goggles and old clothes. Locate the fuel filter, when you find the line going into the filter, you'll find a plastic clip on the end of the line that hols the line to the filter. There are 2 tabs that need depressed to remove the line from the filter, they are 180 degrees apart (opposite sides of the line). Push those tabs in and pull the line away from the filter.... do the same on the other end of the filter as well. Remove, replace, put it all back together.
              ~Chris<br />1999 Hugger Orange Camaro<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/273836</a> <br /><br />†…faith…hope

Comment

well I just put some water in my battery and car started up fine I came up with that idea because it was a while since I put water in my battery and when I locked my car the alarm sounded like it was near deaf

Comment

Fortune: Do not smoke when change fuel filter, no good for health.

Seriously, I was amazed of the crap that was in the fuel filter, looked like fine glittery sand.

Comment

yeah if your fuel filter is fine check the crank shaft pos. sensor or cam sensor which ever one its called jus check the wires and make sure theres not any oil or other types of fluid in the plug its self

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      2 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X