Whats the # for the large AC Delco Filter? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the # for the large AC Delco Filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the # for the large AC Delco Filter?

I was looking for the Large AC Delco Filter for our 3.8 Engines... The one where you can fit about .2 extra cts of oil... What was it? PF47 or PF52? or what?
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

PF47 is the normal, PF52 is the oversize.
    Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
    Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

I like the pf52 myself for my 96 3.8L. I guess I feel a bit more secure with the extra filtration.
      sigpic

Comment

True, I don't see any reason to go with the stock size on our cars. The horizontal mount means that road debris won't catch it any easier, and even with my 36mm sway bar there's no clearance issues.
        Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
        Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

If you ask me I like the 52's alot better also. Im like hockeyman, I feel a little more secure knowing I have a large oil filter. I have a 3.4 liter and also have no clearance issues with the larger filter. For a little better piece of mind I stick magnets on my oil filter also to help trap alot of metal shavings in the filter so they dont stay inside the engine.
          1995 Arctic White Camaro. 3.4L/A4<br /><br />\"Stupid men make mistakes, wise men learn from mistakes\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X