3.4L Intake Manifold swap onto 4.3L Vortec - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.4L Intake Manifold swap onto 4.3L Vortec

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4L Intake Manifold swap onto 4.3L Vortec

Since this is a (V6) forum and all things being equal, here goes: A guy at work is laying claim that he can adapt my 3.4L Intake manifold from my Camaro to fit a 4.3L Vortec engine. I asked him how would this be possible going from a 60 to a 90 degree block? He says he could adapt it and make (weld on) wedges on it to fit the larger 4.3L Block. Let's just say that is remotely possible, hoe would a person re-wire the injectors for firing on a 1-6-5-4-3-2 order instead of our 3.4L's 1-2-3-4-5-6? He also says that I could keep my stock PCM and it wouldn't know any difference! I just don't know about doing something like this, and although it would be one KILLER of a mod to do, I just have to question the feasability. Anybody got any suggestions/comments?

the 4.3 is a boat anchor. ive had two and there not very quick, good torque, but no top end power. why would you want to do this?
    1997 Camaro 15.3@91 with a 2.35 60ft-B&M Ripper, SLP Knob, SLP CAI, LT1 DS, EBC Pads. 1994 Camaro(Sadly Sold)-Hi flow cat, custom flowmaster american thunder cat back, KN FIPK, Accel wires, Plat plugs, 160 thermo, Fastchip, Pacesetters.

Comment

Instead of swapping a 4.3L block in, swap the Grand Am 3.4L heads onto your block. You'll end up with the same, or more, power and less work.
      ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

I have just always liked the 4.3L's is all, first vehicle was a '98 S-10 Auto, still peppy. Anyway, with a straight ahead manifold it would have to mimic the performance of the ZZ 4.3L RamJet Engine 260HP 277TQ or perhaps better. 4.3L's can be made to run/perform as can anything else. I'm not really considering doing this, I was just wondering if anyone else thought it was possible to do. I know that I can build my 3.4L up to my S-10's stock torque rating (250ft.lbs.) or beter, and surpass it in horsepower altogether. As a matter of fact, with my current mods I gather that I am around 190-195 Crank HP right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Red94:
          the 4.3 is a boat anchor. ive had two and there not very quick
          Go ahead, tell my Syclone it has a boat anchor under the hood. :D [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]

The 4.3 is a good motor for what it is. My dad has a 1993 S10 Blazer with the CPI 4.3L and he's pushing 220,000 with no real work ever done to it. Is it worth the work to put one in an Fbody....no way.
          1995 Camaro 3.4L A4<br />Check out my other ride. <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/820732\" target=\"_blank\">www.sounddomain.com/ride/820732</a>

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatJimmy:
            </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Red94:
            the 4.3 is a boat anchor. ive had two and there not very quick
            Go ahead, tell my Syclone it has a boat anchor under the hood. :D [img]graemlins/slap.gif[/img]

The 4.3 is a good motor for what it is. My dad has a 1993 S10 Blazer with the CPI 4.3L and he's pushing 220,000 with no real work ever done to it. Is it worth the work to put one in an Fbody....no way.
            </font>[/QUOTE]Syclones are a lil different lol. one of my dream cars, id love to have one of those beasts. 280 turbocharged horses with AWD [img]graemlins/bowdown.gif[/img]
            1997 Camaro 15.3@91 with a 2.35 60ft-B&M Ripper, SLP Knob, SLP CAI, LT1 DS, EBC Pads. 1994 Camaro(Sadly Sold)-Hi flow cat, custom flowmaster american thunder cat back, KN FIPK, Accel wires, Plat plugs, 160 thermo, Fastchip, Pacesetters.

Comment

I wouldn't do it..

Its one thing to swap a 4.3L in which I don't think its worth, its another thing to start welding intake manifolds off of other cars onto a 4.3L

I have a feeling the intake ports won't line up right and will flow like crap.

If your gonna do a 4.3L keep it all 4.3L don't try to put 3.4L parts on it.
              -Eric<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/mustangeater82\" target=\"_blank\">2000 NBM V6 Camaro 5-speed</a> T-top <i>converted</i><br /><b>14.467@95.45mph</b> <i>$0 in mods</i><br /><i>The member formerly known as MustangEater8251</i>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X