Mysterious rattle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysterious rattle.

When I put my auto 93 3.4 in reverse, there is a rattle which sounds like it's coming from the passenger side door. It's there if I'm in reverse and sitting still or moving. I got someone else to hold the brake and put the car in reverse while I searched for the source of the noise, but to no avail. It can't be heard from outside the car (then again, that muffler made it a lot louder than stock.) When opened the passenger side door, it stopped, I was told. What do you think this could be?
    Originally posted by LETZRIDE
    I've never touched a rear end before

Re: Mysterious rattle.

cat. conv. cover rattling probably
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

well how might I fix that?
      Originally posted by LETZRIDE
      I've never touched a rear end before

Comment

Mine did the exact same thing. When it is in reverse the motor and transmission tilt ever so slightly and the exhaust hits the transmission crossmember. Once I figured it out I just put a pry bar between the pipe and the crossmember and opened up the gap a bit. The noise has not come back since. I hope your problem turns out to be the same, because it is a simple fix.

Comment

just deal with it god!!! lol at least your car dont rattle like mine

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...20726847164070

Comment

Originally posted by junkey_chan

thats just stupid.. not even joking... so ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by 95redslp
              thats just stupid.. not even joking... so ridiculous
              I agree.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Originally posted by junkey_chan

That is pretty good coming from one speaker I guess.

The next mod should be to add a big magnet to the rear bumper. That way you can catch all the screws when they rattle loose.
                2000 White Firebird <br />K&N Filter, Aluminum Driveshaft<br /><br />95 White Firebird - Laid to Rest<br />K&N FIPK, Flowmaster Exhaust, Jet Chip

Comment

Originally posted by zymose
                  That is pretty good coming from one speaker I guess.

The next mod should be to add a big magnet to the rear bumper. That way you can catch all the screws when they rattle loose.

I guess you don't know what solo-x is then, My speaker already has big magnet and that is what keeping my car together :)

also Ill make another video showing better details of rattles or flex!!!

Comment

Eh, make your car go faster, get rid of the excess weight. Either way, to properly EQ your audio you don't need that much bass anyways.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      3 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X