p0171, p0174

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p0171, p0174

Fuel trim system lean bank 1 and 2. What the heck would cause this? Right now my car idles like crap and smells like it is running real rich but drives fine.
    Modifications:<br />headers, throtle bod spacer, flowmaster, high flow magnaflow carsound cat, powerdyne sc with 2.9\" pulley and by-pass valve, walboro 255 fuel pump, spec stage 2 clutch, and HP Tuners

cheapest and easiest thing i cna think of would be to change your fuel filter.. it could be blocked and not letting enough fuel to your engine. However, it could also be your mass air flow sensor giving a bad reading or a fuel pressure regulator going bad or even both of your O2 sensors, tho the O2's tend to set off other codes as well.. check your vaccuum lines on the fuel pressure regulator to make sure it didnt pop off or get a hole in it... however, givin your mod list, it could just be one of your mods throwing off the computer... oh, and one last thing, are you running teh jet chip with the supercharger??? i didnt htink that those chips were recommended for use on FI applications??
    Phill<br /><br />95 camaro... need money for turbo project... <br />94 S10 Blazer - winter beater - infinity system to be installed soon<br /><br />\"The man who says it cant be done should not interrupt the man doing it...\"

Comment

When you have lean codes for both bank 1 and bank 2 you probably either have a vacuum leak somewhere or you MAF sensor is dirty or on its way out. You could also possibly have a fuel problem if you notice a lack of performance. So change your fuel filter if it has been awhile.

2000 Pewter Pontiac Transam 360rwhp, 370ftlbs
      1998 Sport Gold Metallic Chevrolet Camaro *SOLD*
      1974 Silver Chevrolet BIG BLOCK Corvette

Comment

Well, for the heck of it I unplugged my MAF and drove to work. Ran HPT scanner and the car ran perfectly normal. The only codes the scanner read after my drive were the ones for the unplugged MAF, no more lean codes. I scanned the car all the way to work for a total of 45 minutes. So, maybe it is my MAF .
        Can anyone tell me wich sensors or if any become inactive when the car goes into speed density.
        Modifications:<br />headers, throtle bod spacer, flowmaster, high flow magnaflow carsound cat, powerdyne sc with 2.9\" pulley and by-pass valve, walboro 255 fuel pump, spec stage 2 clutch, and HP Tuners

Comment

Now with the MAF unplugged it will not stay running in the morning. Stalls out every time I step on the clutch until it warms up then it runs great. All day Monday and in the morning Tuesday ran fine with it unpluggged. I have no idea what is wrong Can someone tell me what would cause this running in speed density?

I guess I will start searching for a vacuum leak now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
            New Owner!
            by LETZRIDE
            I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
            2 days ago
          • ssms5411
            Little work today
            by ssms5411
            Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
            2 weeks ago
          • LETZRIDE
            Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
            by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
            Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
            By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
            Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
            02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X