I have a problem and don't know where to start - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a problem and don't know where to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a problem and don't know where to start

Ok I went to get in my car last night and after I drove around the block I noticed my light that was in the bottum left something about the brakes I can't remember what it is was. Anyways my cars Idle was really erratic and was around 1500 RPMS and would jump up and down. If anyone has any thing please help me out. O yeah I have 97 v6 with 150k and I just replaced the plugs and wire not to long ago. I also just replaced the brake pads last week.

Re: I have a problem and don't know where to start

Vacuum leak I'd say

There should be a rubber hose going from the brake booster to the intake manifold somewhere

Make sure it's on there good
    1999 Camaro Z/28
    1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

only brake light i no of on lower left=abs....
      and yea check the brake booster hose
      WE CAN REBUILD IT, WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY

Comment

Also I just went out to start my car and drive it the idle was still rough and when I put it in drive and started to drive it the MPH went to like 40 and I was barely pushing the gas. So I backed up and put it in park and the idle was around 2500 and the mph was still acting a little funny. I unplugged my battery thinking maybe that would help I am going to check here in a few minutes.

Comment

Ok after letting my car sit with the battery unpluged for about 15 minutes I hooked it back up and drove around the block and my car worked fine and the idle went back down to around 900-1200. I then drove it about 5 miles out to my girlfriends and it ran good but there was still a little play in the RPMs not a whole lot but it was still there. I am thinking maybe a small vacuum leak but I am not sure. Also by unplugging the battery is that just a minor fix that could come back or is that going to be something that fixes it?

Comment

Disconnecting the battery will only 'reset' or whatever the computer which would fix the light possibly...

did you check that vacuum hose i told you about?

Just look at the brake booster and follow it
            1999 Camaro Z/28
            1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

mayb a spark plug wire is touching a header, and after a little wile after the header starts to heat up, it's causing your car to missfire

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

NO I have yet to check the brake booster line but i will tomorrow I don't class nor do I have work so I have time to do it. I will keep you posted and thanks for the help. But on my way home today I noticed that when I was slowing down around like 25 mph or 1000 rpm on the way down of course it would jump up around 1300 rpms then go back down to normal.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X