Wet floor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet floor?

I did a search and everything, and it seems most people have t-top leaks that leave wet spots on the floor behind the passengers seat. But there wasn't anything about my situation.

I don't have t-tops, but there is a west spot on the floor of the drivers side. It is a few inches in front of the seat and more towards the door than the console. I was wondering whether this was similar to the t-top leak problem where the water runs down through the car and comes up in the floor? So maybe I can figure out which seals need to be taken care of. Or perhaps a hole in the floorboard?

Anyways, it needs to get taken care of, because the wet carpet is starting to smell like something from hell. Also, if the carpet has been wet and stinky for a while, say 2 weeks, can it be heavily cleaned or must it be replaced?

I also have that problem from time to time..
    I park in the garage now but i notice before when i didnt i would get a puddle of water under the back seat on the drivers side...

I only noticed it once and it luckily doesnt smell, i dryed it up before it got a chance.

Im not sure where its coming from though becuase i dont have t tops
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

get in the car and have someone spray it, or go through a drive in car wash. And jest look to see where its comming from. Sounds to me like might be your windshild or window. I know the smell, but it tends to go away pretty quick after the problem is takin care of. Or you can always shampoo the carpet your self with hot water and soap.
      <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2245261</a> Green 1997, 105k, all stock except for Z28 front springs, Air shocks in the rear, home made coolant recovery tank, home made battery hold down.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
        Low Voltage
        by Vladimir Gecko
        I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
        3 hours ago
      • LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        6 days ago
      • ssms5411
        Little work today
        by ssms5411
        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
        3 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X