Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alt underdrive pully

how do i take the other pully off of the alt? i cant seem to get it off

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Re: alt underdrive pully

Are you using a impact or air tools to loosen the nut?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

i have an electric hand socket wrench type thing (kinda like an air gun), but that's it.

how would o go about doing it? i read i can put my car in 5th and then try it. would that work?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

u need an impact gun to get it off otherwise the alt will keep spining. did u try it with the belt still on ?
        1997 Camaro LS1 RS
        1994 Camaro - Sold
        1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Rs
          u need an impact gun to get it off otherwise the alt will keep spining. did u try it with the belt still on ?
          Thats true , leave the belt on then once the bolt loosens, take the belt off , but you will need a impact gun for sure to get the nut off.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

some one told me i could take a screw driver and stick it in the blades of the alt so it wont spin. would that work?
            and its not one of thos reverse pully bolts is it? were you have to turn the bolt to the right to loosen it.

Comment

if the blades are plastic they will break, if the blades are metal they will prob. bend. Only way i know of is use of an air tool impact, it should come off easily with one of those.

Originally posted by Meatyshells
              and its not one of thos reverse pully bolts is it? were you have to turn the bolt to the right to loosen it.
              I believe it is not...if i remember right i put the impact on reverse
              1999 Camaro Z/28
              1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

i got it off with my lil elctric power socket gun :)

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
                  i got it off with my lil elctric power socket gun :)
                  that was fast
                  1999 Camaro Z/28
                  1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

yeah was easier than i thought lol
                    and i just relized that my lil electric power socket gun says impact wrench on the side lol
                    Last edited by Meatyshells; 10-04-2007, 01:01 AM.

Comment

glad to hear u got it off.
                      1997 Camaro LS1 RS
                      1994 Camaro - Sold
                      1999 Trans am Vert - Sold

A Few Mods....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        4 days ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X