3.8 I. D.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.8 I. D.

Where do I look to id a 3.8 camaro engine ? Supposed to be a 99 w/ 25000 mi stored in garage as a spare.

Re: 3.8 I. D.

Well since its a 99 it will be a 3.8. Either a 3.8 or LS1...theres no other options........................................... .......................................?

Comment

can you defiantly tell it is a 3800?

GM puts the casting Numbers on the deck behind the head on the drivers side. on replacement engines it just says the size like a 3800 block will say 3.8. but the casting number will not tell you if it is out of a 99 it will just tell you that it is a 3.8. i can tell you that all 3800 II naturally aspirated motors are all replaced by the same engine (89017861 $2000new).
      96 camaro auto base model<br />slp cai<br />pacesetter headers<br />flowmaster catback<br />35th anniversary ss wheels<br />richmond 3.73<br />98+ ss spoiler<br />hypertech 160 degree thermostat<br />transgo shift kit

Comment

It will say "3800 series II" on the intake manifold

also if it is a 99 engine, the throttle body will be mounted to the intake manifold straight forward, NOT angled
        1999 Camaro Z/28
        1973 Firebird Formula

Comment

top of intake will say if it is a series too and such. Also look at the tb, is it straight or angled, that will be a dead giveaway if it is angled that it is pre-99. All 99+ cars came with straight tb
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

It's definitely a 3.8 and a damn clean one. It was suppose to replace an engine that wasn't bad, just the upper intake was used,even have the ac comp. So,if the series ll blocks are the same all I need is the upper intake.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X