swapping 3.4 to 3.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• swapping 3.4 to 3.8

is it possible to swap a 3.4 to 3.8 and is it an easy job or is it difficult like v6 to v8 swap?

Re: swapping 3.4 to 3.8

yes, and most likely yes.

Probably better answers in teh advanced tech forum. try the search.

I've done the swap in a third gen, but frame rails are totally different, and probably had an easier time than than a 4th gen doing the same swap.
    1978 Formula 461 in progress of being built :rock:
    2013 Ram 1500 Big Horn

former owner of 85 bird w/ 2.8 - 3.4 - 3800 II - 5.0
    94 comero 3.4

Comment

Why would you want to swap a 3.8L into a 3.4L? That seems kind of pointless to me. Put a v8 in it, it's going to cost the same amount, and be just as much work. Unless you can get a 3800 for next to nothing, doesn't seem worth it to me. I got an LT1 for a swap this winter complete with wiring harness, ecm, and trans for only $1400. Looks on craigslist, lots of good deals on LT1s.

Comment

Ditto, put the v8 in....Im in the same boat....and I def have a V8 on the stand. Bought a longblock for $200 on ebay...just got it tore down, whoo lookin good! What a deal! Keep your eyes open...

Comment

but,,does the eletric wires change when you swap a v8 in??? i mean, the plug to check the sensors or the wires that control the speedo meter rpm meter and so on????

Comment

Yeah, you'll need the computer and wire harness as well. In my case Im going carbed... Im keeping my motor completely separate from any chasis electrical. I've got the six out and tested.... I did good...everything on car works...windows, keyless, radio, headlights...everything! That took a load off my shoulders. The only thing im replacing is the guages with mechanical guages....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X