Problem!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem!!!

ok so im driving home and the low power light comes on. i pretty much have no power at all. when i give it gas no response. I really think that my throttle body went dead. when i start the car the blade in the throttle body doesnt move at all. but when i do start the car, it revs really high at start up and then the idle is real ruff.

when i give it gas the blade in the throttle body doesn move at all.

where can i find a new throttle body that wont cost me 300 bucks?
    this wouldnt work on my car would it?
    http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_p...=223&catid=113
    Last edited by Meatyshells; 09-29-2007, 02:33 AM.

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Re: Problem!!!

well these are the codes i have...
    p1120-throttle body postion (TP) senser 1 circuit
    p1220-throttle body postion (TP) senser 2 circuit
    p1221-fuel pump secondary circuit low
    p1515-electronic throttle system throttle position
    p1516-throttle actuator control (TAC) module throttle actuator position performance
    going to have th car towed later tonight to my house so i can work on it. it's sitting in a parking lot right now

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

just go to a dealer late at night and take 1.

no i didnt mean that lol :banana:

Comment

Check the vacuum lines.
        \'97 Camaro M5 Y87 3.23 LSD, homebrew CAI, highfloCat, Flowmaster catback, Pacesetter headers, specstage3 clutch and aluminum flywheel, !egr, 2kW system.<br /><br />Possible L67 bottom end w/ abbott heads and a turbo in the works... gotta do more homework

Comment

i dont see why that L36 TB wouldnt work. its made for the same engine. email ZZP's customer service and see if they know, they are real good about that stuff and you'll get a response within a day.

1999 Firebird Y87/W68

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyC
            Check the vacuum lines.
            checked all lines everything is fine. besides i dont think an air leak would cause my throttle body blade not to open

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X