vaccum leak?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vaccum leak?

how do you know if you have a vaccum leak. The reason I ask is because the car seems very sluggish.It is a93 camaro 3.4 with 130,000 miles.I have flowmaster 80 catback, crank pully, taylor pro 8mm wires and some bosch platinum plug the two tip ones.I have seafomed the car about 5000 miles ago I changed the oil recently with 10w 30 I cleaned the fuel injectors changed pcv valve, fuel filter and airfilter changed.DO you all think it could be the coils or the fuel pump.when the car is on I hear like a small hissing sound close by the fuel injectors like air blowing.do you think it could be a headgasket problem, i get no white smoke when driving or when on.when driving I have to give it more gas to accelerate, the acceleration feels smooth though but it doesnt accelerate like I think it should. Please help me my grandpas ford ranger with the 3.0 v6 accelerates smoother than my camaro!Please help me fix this!!!!!!!Sorry for the long thread

Re: vaccum leak?

get a can of carburator cleaner and spray around hissing area. If it is a vacuum line then it will stop hising sound for a while. How does it idle? If it idles rough now the carb cleaner will cause it to idle good for a few seconds. You'll find a vacuum leak that way. Good luck
    Originally posted by kala
    I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
    parting her out

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout
      get a can of carburator cleaner and spray around hissing area. If it is a vacuum line then it will stop hising sound for a while. How does it idle? If it idles rough now the carb cleaner will cause it to idle good for a few seconds. You'll find a vacuum leak that way. Good luck
      jw but how does it stop it?

and trying looking on the top of ur motor behind where it says 3.4 idk what its called but i no that the hose like to brake alot(it kind of looks like a spark plug wire)

Comment

Originally posted by 95firebird3.4
        jw but how does it stop it?

and trying looking on the top of ur motor behind where it says 3.4 idk what its called but i no that the hose like to brake alot(it kind of looks like a spark plug wire)

it doesnt stop anything, all, it just sucks the carb cleaner into the line and the rpm's will go up.

Comment

Originally posted by cam98aro
          it doesnt stop anything, all, it just sucks the carb cleaner into the line and the rpm's will go up.
          Yeah, like I said it will only be for a few seconds but it will help you find a vacuum leak if that is the problem.
          Originally posted by kala
          I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
          parting her out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X