Replacing spark plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing spark plugs

Anyone know the best way to remove the spark plugs? Tight spot for people with big hands. And any suggestions for plugs for mostly stock?

Re: Replacing spark plugs

Lots of different length extensions, u-joints, and tons of patience. I found it was just trial and error. I used different length extensions until I found the one that worked best for me. I also have a Snap-on sparkplug socket with a built in u-joint which is a fantastic tool.

Comment

I like AC Delco's.....especially there rapid fire's.

Comment

I did all mine using a regular socket and 3" extension when needed. Like was said, the biggest thing you need is patience. Also, maybe it was just my car, as I seem to have a trend of things getting stuck together, but your wires might require alot of hard pulling to get off, just stick with it.

Hope this Helps,
        Mike

Comment

some of them are easier to get to from the bottom of the car as well

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

Sometimes the breaker bar helps, long enough and small enough to get em loose
            Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

wheel well or top/bottom with a swivel joint and a 3 inch extension. I personally went from top to bottom
              Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

Originally posted by TheWizardofOz
                I did all mine using a regular socket and 3" extension when needed. Like was said, the biggest thing you need is patience. Also, maybe it was just my car, as I seem to have a trend of things getting stuck together, but your wires might require alot of hard pulling to get off, just stick with it.

Hope this Helps,
                Mike
                Yep, basically what he said. Took out the rr two from bottom on driver's side and rr most one on the passenger side. The other 3 from top. Bought a new spark plug boot puller, but nothing worked as there was no leverage/room. I ended up using a flat head screw driver to get the boot off. Also have to take off manifold shields, starter shields. Took 4 hrs.
                I don't see rapid fires anymore, I went to AC Delco and they state a new replacement for the plugs, it's not platinum anymore...it's iridium now(NGK)!
                Last edited by F1GT; 09-26-2007, 05:40 PM.
                1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                  New Owner!
                  by LETZRIDE
                  I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                  2 days ago
                • ssms5411
                  Little work today
                  by ssms5411
                  Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                  2 weeks ago
                • LETZRIDE
                  Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                  by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                  Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                  By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                  Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                  02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X