throwing code P0410

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• throwing code P0410

I always feel bad asking questions about my beater on this forum, but the ppl on the Shaturn forum are no help. Anyway, My 2001 Saturn L-200 just started throwing a P-0410 code or a secondary air injection system malfunction. Its something to do with the air pump and emission controls that help to avoid releasing unburnt hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide on cold starts. I plan on getting it fixed but don't have the time at the moment. I just want to know if driving the car around with this problem can be detrimental. For example, can it cause problems for the catalytic converter?

Re: throwing code P0410

there is a good chance that you're getting the code from a bad cat. i don't think driving will hurt anything but you won't pass emissions.

Comment

luckily there are no emissions where I'm from. Even so, I'm gonna look into replacing the cat this upcoming weekend. I reset the computer and the code hasen't come back on so hopefully that's all it is. What kind of cat should i go with on a manual 2.2L Saturn L-200. OEM or should i go for high-flow on this car?

Comment

i would only avoid the OEM cat due to price. you shouldn't have any trouble running a high flow with that car. good luck!

Comment

usually when the cat is bad it is like code p0420 or something like that. So it might not of been your cat, but yea a high flow one will be fine on it. Is there a o2 sensor after your cat though? Might need an o2 sim with the high flow cat
          http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
            usually when the cat is bad it is like code p0420 or something like that. So it might not of been your cat
            I'm really just suspecting that its the cat because of the poor performance out of this car. Since I got this code, I basically just put two and two together. I really can't be sure if its the cat...but it kind seems like it may be the case.

Originally posted by 97rs4life
            Is there a o2 sensor after your cat though? Might need an o2 sim with the high flow cat
            Yeah I do have an o2 sensor after the cat. Maybe I'll just go with a regular flow aftermarket cat to avoid that problem. Does an o2 sim basically just replace the OEM oxygen sensor...also how much should one of these cost?

Comment

o2 sim replaces the stock o2 sensor. Good luck getting your hands on one cheap. The government went after casper and now I'm not even sure if oyu cna touch theirs for under 100.
              Car expresses who you are. If you have a ****ty car, you must be a ****ty person;)<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/995979</a>

Comment

yeah a few guys on the saturn forum say that they've replaced their cats with highflow and didn't have to bother with an o2 sim.

Comment

My cat went, and it completely bogged the motor down...Bad deal on the interstate, I had to keep it on the floor just to get to the shoulder....boy it'd idle great, but under any throttle just choked.

Comment

Originally posted by jdkvice
                    My cat went, and it completely bogged the motor down...Bad deal on the interstate, I had to keep it on the floor just to get to the shoulder....boy it'd idle great, but under any throttle just choked.
                    Kinda sounds like whats happening with my Saturn. At highway speeds, I step on it and there's hardly any acceleration. I've gotta downship into fourth and stand on the pedal if there's a hill and I don't want to slow down.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X