windshield wiper question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windshield wiper question

Has anyone converted to a 98+ windsheild wiper arm? Doesn't look to hard and for poor souls like me who no longer have the stock arms but aftermarket ones in the wrong size ghettoed in.

Are the wiper arm pivots in the same spot? I compared them to my dad's 2k a couple years ago but not in detail, jsut ot see if replacement blade arms woud fit on my car and a huge no. I do not feel like spending $49.95 a piece for a total of about $100 on windshield wipers, unless they come with a $80 prostitute.

Yes, I did. Simple, but you need the GM arm puller. My local NAPA shop borrowed it for me from the local dealer.

I bought them salvage for $25 for the pair.

OR you could have my old 96 arms?

[ February 27, 2002: Message edited by: FirebirdGT ]</p>
    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

so they auctually made a puller.. interesting... I used a $5 battery connector puller from autozone to get mine off.. .. well at least the passenger side... bent it all to hell when I tried to get the driver side off.. the puller that is.. guess the driver side was seized up a little more.. anyway thats another option.. also you might want to get scott at speed automotive a call, if anybody will have them used for a good price he will..
      -Brad
      98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
      2000 V-Star Custom 1100
      If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
      :rock:

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by black98V6:
        also you might want to get scott at speed automotive a call, if anybody will have them used for a good price he will..<hr></blockquote>

That's were I got mine.

Raven

Comment

What is the benefit of going to a new arm?
          Joel<br />God is my copilot, but Satan has his foot on the gas!<br />94 3.4L AutoCamaroRagtop w/MSD ignition,Accelcoilpacks,K&N FIPK,BMR SFC&STB,3\"Catco w/3\"catbackSS muffler,JetStage 2,HomemadePIAAheadlightconversion <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/cardiac1968</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by CARdiac:
            What is the benefit of going to a new arm?<hr></blockquote>

I think it looks better.

Raven

Comment

What are you guys using a puller for?

I was able to remove my wipe arms no problem, just pop the bolt.

I had to remove them to remove the cowl when I popped off my FPR to compare it to a GTP FPR (Not the same ones).
              Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

well mine were tight as hell.. auctually never did get the driver side off.. bent the hell outta the puller..guess some people are luckier than others.. lol
                -Brad
                98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
                2000 V-Star Custom 1100
                If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
                :rock:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  4 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X