Starting problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting problems

I am haveing problems starting my car sometimes(cold or hot) I'll crank it and it doesn't fire. If I put the pedal down about halfway it will fire up. Then it may or may not idle. For the most parts when it trys to die if I give it gas and bounce it off the rev limiter it the starts to idle ok. I have new plugs, wires, coil packs, fuel filter, air filter and 148000 original miles. Other than the occational starting problem it still runs strong. Any ideas?
    98 bird <br />160,000 miles<br />13\'s? Just happy it\'s starts every morning. <br /><br />Traded in @164,000 On a 2001 Formula

Does it run rough at an idle and during acceleration or just an idle?

[ January 17, 2004: Message edited by: CanesCamaro ]</p>
    <a href=\"http://www.mistaritalian.net/hurricane/sig3.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.mistaritalian.net/hurricane/sig3.jpg</a>

Comment

Only at idle. Never had problems during aceleration. It happens a few times a week. I'll crank and not fire. I give it gas and it starts. if I let off the gas it dies, but if I floor it for a few seconds and then let off it goes down to around 1k rpm stumbles a couple times and then returns to a normal idle.
      98 bird <br />160,000 miles<br />13\'s? Just happy it\'s starts every morning. <br /><br />Traded in @164,000 On a 2001 Formula

Comment

Hey jtigger , please give me your e-mail or MSN , i have the same problem and can't shake it off ... plz contact me on supra__7@hotmail.com

Comment

Hey jtigger , please give me your e-mail or MSN , i have the same problem and can't shake it off ... plz contact me on supra__7@hotmail.com

Comment

could be a couple of different things. first think i could clean the throttle body including the idle air control passage. in order to idle the pcm needs to use a small solenoid to pass air around the throttle plate. if that doesnt help, check your fuel pressure with a fuel pressure gage (also check to make sure the fuel pressure regulator is doing its job). if that is fine then i suppose you could just try replacing the idle air control (i dont know a test procedure for this one).

Comment

OK this one really surprised me. I changed the coil packs, spark plugs, wires fuel filter, pcv valve. I noticed my serpentine belt sitting a little crooked and did some checking. Turns out the tentioner was shot and sitting on an angle. I replaced it and it's been starting fine ever since.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X