Radiator issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator issues

As I was driving today I noticed that my thermostat was showing my car as being very hot, not quite too hot, but close. I had never experienced this problem before I used the Max AC today (Louisiana Spring seasons are most hotter than most peoples summer). I got home, turned off my car, noticed the fan was running and thought everything would be cool; at least until I came back outside and noticed Dex Cool everywhere on the floor of my garage. I couldn't find any busted hoses anywhere but I did see the fluid spilling out of the resevoir where you check to see how much fluid you have. I then proceeded to add a small amount of water to make up for the seemingly large amount of coolant I lost and ran the engine with the AC on to see if I had any other leaks which I did not. My question is, is the resevoir where we measure how much coolant we have a kind of safety release as well? Should I be concerned that my car got so hot after only a 30-45 minute drive? Any comments or advice would be much appreciated, thanks.
    Geaux Tigers

i had a hose with a small crack in it and pressure accually sealed it, i didnt leak until i turned off my car also
    Fighting Texas Aggie class of 2008<br />black 3.4 T-top bird<br />- K&N CAI - magnaflo catback - slect coils - catco cat - tb coolant bypass

Comment

My leak came out of the top of the measuring stick, the dip stick twists around on the lid, so I don't know if that is normal or not. It looks like that is how the piece was built.
      Geaux Tigers

Comment

you lid might not have been all the way on some how and the fluid just pushed its way through cause of pressure.
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

The reading very hot may of caused alot of the fluid to boil over into the resevoir and causeing it to overflow(depending on how hot the reading actualy was) I'd be concerned with whats causing it to get so warm. First thing I'd do is replace the thermastat(really cheap to do)
          98 bird <br />160,000 miles<br />13\'s? Just happy it\'s starts every morning. <br /><br />Traded in @164,000 On a 2001 Formula

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X