Right Turn Signal Doesn't Blink !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Turn Signal Doesn't Blink !

Hey everyone, Proud new owner of a Red 96 Convertible here. The right turn signal doesn't blink, when your turn it on the light comes on and stays on, but after a while it decides you really do want it to blink so it blinks once or twice just to tease. Would appreciate some direction to good electrical parts sites and any tips you all might have to fix this little problem. Thanks.
    [img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img]

one of your turn signal lights are out,
    <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

Yeah its your right turn signal bulb thats out. The bulb is only a few $ at a apart store.
      1996 Camaro 3.8<br />Edelbrock Exhaust, SLP Intake, Bosch, Platinum +4 Plugs, Accel Wires, SLP fan switch<p>\"Let the good times roll\"

Comment

Dont forget to check your blinker fluid as well!!!

J/K!!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Hopefully it’s just a bulb. The occasional blinking could also mean a bad ground, so inspect the socket when you change the bulb. I had a problem that started out kind of like yours... ended with the rear wiring harness needing replacement. Good luck!

Comment

Probly a bulb, turn the blinker on and go around your car and see if its out in the front or back, it might also just be a loose bulb in the socket, i had that problem with one of the break lights, and I just took it out and put it back in and havn't had any problems since.
            Then: 1997 3.8L Red Firebird~SOLD!~<p>Now: 2002 Atlantic Blue Dodge Ram 1500

Comment

the bulb could be fine but have a bad connection, they use some kind of glue junk when they put the bulbs in and the heat usually causes it to melt and then makes a bad connection with the bulb and so it stops working.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Firebrd9783:
                Probly a bulb, turn the blinker on and go around your car and see if its out in the front or back, it might also just be a loose bulb in the socket, i had that problem with one of the break lights, and I just took it out and put it back in and havn't had any problems since.<hr></blockquote>

same here
                [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
                <a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/d/e/defrag/sig.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">1997 Firebird V6-Y87/W68</a>

Comment

Reminds me of the time a friend was trying to fix a blinker bulb. He goes and look at the front of the car while another person works the turn signal. My friend then calls out whether the light is working or not.

"Its working...its not working...its working...its not working...its working...its not working..." :rolleyes:
                  I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

2008 Saturn Sky Red Line - Midnight Blue

Pewter Mafia - 2000 Firebird - SOLD
                  CENTRAL FLORIDA KNIGHTS!!!!!!!
                  FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES !!!!!!!

Comment

what do you need signal lights for? Take them out it lowers the weight on your car! :D

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> "Its working...its not working...its working...its not working...its working...its not working..." <hr></blockquote>
                      [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] LOL sounds like something one of my friends would say
                      1995 Patriot Red T-Topped Z28 A4<br /><br />Mystery rebuild in progress.<br /><br />Soon to have 383 ways to beat KBreezy and Shane. :D

Comment

Glad to see everyone has a sense of humor. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] I'll see if I can follow everyone's advice this weekend and get this resolved. Now lets see, first I check the blinker fluid, then I have someone activate the turn signal and watch to see if it's working, not working, working, not working, working,...gosh I hope it doesn't stick in that state....we'd be stuck driving around the block all day...

Thanks for all of your input, I got a few good chuckles [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for everyones input. It was one of the rear bulbs. Someone had put in the wrong bulb. So, once I replaced it with the correct one...voila! :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X