AC question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC question

I have a 96 3.8, just wondering if there was anyway to set it up to bypass the ac unit. I only drive the car so many months out of the year, and I think I used my ac like 4 times last year. Just wondered if there was a different tensioner set up, and obviously a shorter belt set up. Id like to change my car over to non ac if possible, so if anyone knows if this can be done, let me know.
    96 RS<br />SLP CAI<br />Removed MAF screen<br />Extensive throttle body milling.<br />5 Speed B&M ripper<br />3.73 posi<br />1.5\" lowering kit<br />Superlight white aluminum rims<br />245 eagle GSC\'s<br />3\" SS stainless exhaust<br />Cat Cut out<br />30th anniversary paint scheme.

Can't you just remove the condenser and everything else ac related from your car? That would make less strain on the belt and free up some power. I do notice when the ac is off, I get a noticeable gain in hp. I can feel it jump when I'm on WOT and I turn it off.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Defender24:
      Can't you just remove the condenser and everything else ac related from your car? That would make less strain on the belt and free up some power. I do notice when the ac is off, I get a noticeable gain in hp. I can feel it jump when I'm on WOT and I turn it off.<hr></blockquote>

i have ran my car on the track with the AC on for testing measure i ran .02 slower...ac turns off at WOT

o yeah there is a short belt but it does rub a bit..ntohin major though.id suggest taking all of the AC stuff out if you dont use it

Jeff W [img]graemlins/evilgrin.gif[/img]

[ March 19, 2002: Message edited by: NBMA4V6 ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X