fuel pump went out..again-Magnus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel pump went out..again-Magnus

So yesterday we replace the fuel pump with the walboro 255 one that you told me to get. Car drove fine last nite and this morning. But died again, just like it did before when my fuel pump went out. It cranked and turned over, then died. Is it possible the pumps bad? This is what the chevy tech told me. He said if the car ran fine, and then died today that has to be it. They said that its not to uncommon to get a bad fuel pump. This sucks, is there and like computer module thingy that controls this pump or what? Just looking for opinions on a magical cure so I don't have do tank that damn tank out again.
    Thanks
    Josh<br />96 Red Firebird <br />SLP intake, zex nitrous 75 shot(for sale), purge kit, MAC lca + phr, Jamex springs, flowmaster 80 series, ES tranny bushing, SCR subframe conectors, Harlan shiftlight, A/F guage, MSD dis-4, Accel wires w/ NGK tr6\'s, foglights, stereo, zexel torsion LSD, Walboro 255 pump, and more.<br />Looking for: 1le ds, nx wet kit + accesories

when you put the key in the ON position, you HEAR the pump right?.. the vrrrrrrr.. for a couple seconds and then it shuts off...

you should be able to hear the walbro 255.. its a beautiful sound .. [img]smile.gif[/img]

If you crank, it starts and then dies, I'd say injectors.. I doubt your walbro 255 is no good.. but it IS possible.

There is a fuel pump relay, but if your pump pumps, the relay is working.

If you think the pump is bad, unplug it by the fuel filter, then put a + to the little wire that sticks out of the harness near the PCM.. if fuel comes out of the line, pump is pumping.

- Keith
    Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

Thanks for the help. I'll go and check again but I don't believe I hear that noise and more, I'm at school so that'll have to wait. I heard it last night when I fired it up. Isn't it kinda weird that the injectors could be bad? How could that happen to all six of them? Or is there something that controls them all, like a fuel press regulator?
      Josh<br />96 Red Firebird <br />SLP intake, zex nitrous 75 shot(for sale), purge kit, MAC lca + phr, Jamex springs, flowmaster 80 series, ES tranny bushing, SCR subframe conectors, Harlan shiftlight, A/F guage, MSD dis-4, Accel wires w/ NGK tr6\'s, foglights, stereo, zexel torsion LSD, Walboro 255 pump, and more.<br />Looking for: 1le ds, nx wet kit + accesories

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X