Help! fuel gauge no worky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! fuel gauge no worky

my fuel gauge quit working the other day when i decided to fill up with a half a tank still left. it stays on full until you start getting down close to empty then it slowly goes over to the 3/4 mark, but then it climbs back up. could this be the sending unit or is something possibly gumming up the sensor in the tank? anyone have anything happen that's similar to this?

whether it's related or not, i have also noticed that if i go to second at low rpms i will get a single miss. it only seems to happen in second and it only happens once.

and i have a bulb out. you know, this all has to happen when i hit 36,000 miles.

it's merely a float that gives you the reading on the amount of gas.....you might have a bad cable going to your fuel gauge......you also have to realize that our gauges read off due to the shape of the gas tank.V-shaped..once gas gets low to a point that it's held to one side of the tank, the gauge will go down quicker...hence after 1/2 it falls quickly to Empty.....

Comment

yeah, but mine doesn't leave the 'full' mark. i usually go around 300 or so miles before i fill up. i filled up with a 'full' tank and 304 miles on the tripmeter.

you think some octane booster would be a safe start? i thought maybe it had something blocking the float in the tank because it does move the needle around, but it won't go lower than 3/4 of a tank.

[ March 18, 2002: Message edited by: Domestic Violence ]</p>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X