what's wrong with my a/c?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's wrong with my a/c?

Okay so being in ohio, its not unbearable to have a working a/c. it hasn't worked since i got the car 3 years ago and with a droptop i never bothered. tried to recharge it last year and it would blow cold for a little while, then back to the normal ambient air temp blowing out. any idea what could be the problem and/or how to fix? what should i be checking for?

Re: what's wrong with my a/c?

sounds like a leak... probly back from your seals on the back of the compressor. idk if you have a "ice cold air" there, but its pretty muchjust a a/c shop. bring it there, have them check it, or fix it. i just had them check it bcuz i can get parts cheaper than most shops can, turned out i needed a compressor, and i got to replace my ENTIRE system for 300 dollars, your lookin at 400-500 bucks.

Comment

cool...so its a bad idea to work on the compressor yourself? Probably would be for me at least because I'm not even sure where it is. If its gonna cost that much I'll just go without it though, not worth it to me.

Comment

oh yah, that price i listed was just for parts, labor would be a lot on this bcuz its a pain in the *** to get to the bolts, but not really hard at all.

Comment

when my car was blowing hot air i unplugged the fan(blower) under glove box and pluged it back in, it work fine now try that

Comment

I'm with Scott on this. Take it down to your local mechanic and have them scope it. They can either inject some die into the system and look for leaks or they can use a sniffer and find it. You'll know more about what needs to be done once they tell you where the leak is.

If it's the compressor, it's going to cost you a little sum. If it's just a simple leak they may be able to replace a little rubber ring and recharge the system. You'll need them to find the leak first.
            2000 Camaro V6<br />I\'ve done nothing to my car worth note. :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X