Anybody know the length of the drive belt for the 3.8l? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know the length of the drive belt for the 3.8l?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know the length of the drive belt for the 3.8l?

I recently bought a 170amp alt from alternatorparts.com. The pulley on the new alt is about 5/8in smaller in diameter than the stock. I'm getting a clanking sound from my tension pulley and its bouncing and vibrating alot more than I remember. I believe its because the stock belt is now too long due to the smaller alt pulley. So does anybody know the stock belt length for the 3.8l and have a recommendation of how much shorter to go?

Also another question comes to mind. Do the 3.4l and 3.8l engines use the same alt? This site only sells this type of alternator of various amps for the camaro. I was thinking if the alts are the same than the 3.8l can use the 3.4l underdrive pulley for the alt. I doubt it will be any real gain anyway. Just wondering.

Thanks
    Lafon
    2000 Camaro 3.8l A4<p>K&N, Whisper Lid, CAI, Taylor Wires, G80 with 3.42s, Jet Stage 2, RKSport Rear End Exhaust.<p>Got some other stuff waiting to go on sitting in boxes.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X