so my a/c compressor is history...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so my a/c compressor is history...

yeah, so drivin thru taco bell today i heard a god awful metallic grinding sound (like as if you let your brakes go to hell), and i was worried it was me. turned off my car and it stopped... i about shat my pants. I was like, "i've never heard a spun bearing b4 but i'm pretty sure it'd sound something like that!"

got my food and parked real quick. yeah, my a/c clutch was shooting metal shavings EVERYWHERE! so it looks like its time for a new one i guess...
    the local auto parts place wanted like 260 for the compressor and clutch combo... that cant be right. are they really that much?! my p/s pump was only 70 bucks!

(video comin soon)
    2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Re: so my a/c compressor is history...

I'm sure they are much cheaper on ebay!
    sigpic

Comment

i just bought a compressor and the hose that goes into it from a guy with like 60k trying to get rid of his motor (that i should buy if i wasnt so damn stupid, or poor) $100 for the combo, i need to get a canister somewhere now though, hopefully my leak is somewhere in that combo, i'm basically throwing parts at my ac hoping to make it stop leaking

Comment

and remember, thats a crappy re-manufactured unit guaranteed to fail. they are expensive. you could possible to to just replace the clutch
        2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
          and remember, thats a crappy re-manufactured unit guaranteed to fail. they are expensive.
          Good point. I got a great A/C shop nearby and he gave me some free pointers. He will never install a re-manufactured compressor unless the customer insists. The re-manufactured compressors might have a warranty but it doesn't include the cost of getting your A/C recharged when it fails. Not to mention your time to replace the bad compressor.
          Doug<br />1996 Camaro RS M5 Y87<br />SLP Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, 1LE frt/rear sway bars

Comment

Yeah say no to the reman. compressors. My dad installed one and it failed about a week after the "1 year warrenty". So it only lasted a year and a couple of days!
            Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

yeah, heres the video...

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...GonetoHell.flv
              2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

your lucky it lasted so long
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I hate a/c systems. Mine broke about a year and a half ago and it killed my wallet. I should have deleted it back then.
                  i\'m not an ambiturner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X