problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems

my stock 98 camaro is having problems.. at highway speeds and wanting to accelerate there is like a hesitation or studder then it will be fine... I'm thinking it is plug or wires, or injectors? not sure... what do you guys thind

Re: problems

if anything major was wrong the ses light would come on. how many miles and when was the last tune up? fuel filter, plugs,wires injectors, seafoam, coil packs.............

Comment

possible MAF sensor, got an ses light yet?
      mine caused a sputtering at wide open throttle rarely, then it happened more frequently and once in a while it would do it at like 2k rpm, then the ses light came on

Comment

It can't be the plugs or wires cause when I had plug problems on the 97 it was all the time and this is only during acceleration. My wife actually drives this one. I am going to try the lucas fuel injector cleaner that I have here at home. I don't think I take as good care of this one car :( the 97 is my baby.... It hasn't had anything changed since she bought it 3 years ago... it has 82 k miles

Comment

97, please do me the favor and keep me updated on what you find out...i've been posting having this exact problem for over a week, and many suggestions have been thrown my way....especially the seafoam....probably will try that soon, just dont have the money for it...i know for me its not bad plugs or wires cuz i put new wires in a week ago and it went away for about 5 miles..and then came back...and gave me a misfire cyl. 1 code.....i checked #1 plug today..it was fine......removed each wire and watched the spark the other day too and they all were consistent, so i dont think its coils either..i think its a fuel problem and hopefully the seafoam will clear it up..if not...ill pray for the sensor...if not that....good god

anyway, keep me posted as to what u find out, and ill do the same
          good luck

Comment

You have to give a little more info on the problem so someone can be able to pin point what it could be a bit better,does it happen only @2000 rpm,If you accelerate slowly to wide open Throttle does it still occur? Engine Temperatures have something to do with it? You have to do more test or driving trials,It could be Fuel pressure,Out of Phase Throttle position sensor,Partially Blocked Fuel Injector,etc.

Comment

I seafoamed today..it didnt clear it up...im trying a fuel filter probably tomorrow....i have it, just need some time to put it in...like posted in a different thread :

it is WORST at very low RPMS trying to accelerate, such as moving from an on ramp over on the highway...where the engine really needs that power....it will sputter and jump around on its way up to high RPMS but when it gets there its pretty good....idles fairly decent for the most part, so its mostly when the engine really needs that oomph, or when accelerating hard

Comment

Try plugs and wires. If you had bad wires or plugs and left them for a long time, it might cause the catalytic converter to mess up. Happened with my old 95 3.4 I would try to accelerate ad it would sputter, kinda like it was clogged. Try to smell your exhaust and see if it smells like anything. Bad garbage smell means your cat has gone POOF
                <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995birdman\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/1995birdman</a>

Comment

Sounds like the same problem I've been having for a while. A plug change improved mine for about a month but then it slowly comes back.just try your plugs and see what have you got to lose

Comment

Is they any progress with the problem? Who really have the problem 97burnout or PWilliams?

Comment

same thing eazy e said..i changed them a long time ago and it was good..for like a month...then the problem comes back...eazy...any idea?.....im thinking its fuel related since the ignition changes dont work...but...it is interesting that plug or wire or both changes does cause an improvement..even though it doesnt last long.....any thoughts guys?

Comment

My 97 does the same thing from time to time

Comment

Well I took it to the dealership.... bad idea. but I have no time, I work 45 hours a week and go to school for 9 hours on both my days off. So I had no choice. 510 for plugs, wires, and fuel filter...ouch.. I know, I know I should have done it myself but what is done is done. both plugs and fuel filter I know take time even though some of you think it is cake. you are lying everyone should admit plugs on our cars are a pain. Car runs good now

Comment

lol...wow...fuel filter i just changed on mine the other day...filter costed 8.00 and took me 40 mins, including time to jack up and put away all materials....
                            plugs are 2.88 each....theres 15....and wires...$50 if you get a good set...so we're talking $75 or so...plus 40 mins fuel filter...1 hr plugs and wires....so you basically paid $75 for parts and $290 an hour for someone else to do it...bad call brother

Comment

If the dealer did what youve done in the past, I hope yr problem doesnt return as it eventually has...

Did the dealer shop report any codes? ENG SEN fuse is good?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X