2000 3.8L....... Car Dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2000 3.8L....... Car Dies

i am having the same problems. I have been told it is the crankshaft sensor. i pulled the plug on it and it acted just like it does when it acts up. put the plug back on and it started right up. didnt replace it because i didnt have the right tools right now. but just for FYI it will normally die at like 4 miles or so or not too long into my trip, like after it gets warm for some reason. it has been doing this here and there for well over a year and this is the only solution i can come up with after reading this forum and taking my car to a few different mechanics.

Comment

Originally posted by Coriya71
      Are you throwing a code?
      Could be the infamous crankshaft position sensor that will cause your car to shut off while driving and will give you problems starting later as it gets worse.
      I had that problem with my 2000 camaro. I would just be driving down the road and it would die and somtimes it would be hard to start back. I replaced the sensor myself and everything is fine now.
      2000 Camaro 3.8 v6 M5
      Flowmaster 80 series muffler, B&M ripper shifter, SLP grille

Comment

Originally posted by hybridx
        i am having the same problems. I have been told it is the crankshaft sensor. i pulled the plug on it and it acted just like it does when it acts up. put the plug back on and it started right up. didnt replace it because i didnt have the right tools right now. but just for FYI it will normally die at like 4 miles or so or not too long into my trip, like after it gets warm for some reason. it has been doing this here and there for well over a year and this is the only solution i can come up with after reading this forum and taking my car to a few different mechanics.

Holy threard revival Batman!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X