SES Light???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SES Light???

Okay. Story goes (I've had this problem for a while, so I have posts all over the place)...my car's been running rough. It'll run horribly when it first starts and then smooth out when it gets warmed up, but will still jerk/jolt/buck/whatever at high rpms (not a cyclical motion - very sporattic). I've tried lots of fuel system cleaners, etc. In the last year to year and a half I've replaced all plugs and wires, AIR pump, PCV valve, IAC valve, and cleaned the throttle body. Mind you, I've NEVER managed to throw a code....'till today - I think. I was at a stop light, idling rough at normal operating temp w/the A/C on and the SES light comes on for like 5-7 seconds and then goes away and doesn't come on for the rest of the drive home (<1 mile). My question is...LOL...did I throw a code and if so, will a diagnostic computer still be able to read it if the light is not on anymore?
    1992 Arctic White Firebird<br />3.1L V6, TB Coolant Bypass, CAI, Turbo Muffler, other little things.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.geocities.com/colinobu/MyHomepage.html\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.geocities.com/colinobu/MyHomepage.html</a> <br /><br />\". . .Finger in the air and the flag still wavin\'. . .\"

Re: SES Light???

yep, it'll be saved as history probably. PLus, since it's running rough, go ahead and get it scanned, some stuff won't trigger a SES light, and others may come up as pending.
    ~97 3.8L V6 Camaro~
    A few things

Only Member of Team Hooker?!?

Comment

Re: SES Light???

No all symptoms will throw a code. Since you saw the SES flash, I agree to get a scanner on it and see what the intermitted problem might be.

Seems like you replaced a lot of things...one thing does come to mind though; you ever check the coil packs? Though you said ti get better as it heats up...a failing coil pack tends to malfunction as it heats up. But it's worth a check. At least that would eliminate any ignition aspect.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X