How do you test coils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you test coils?

someone please tell me how you use a voltage meter to test whether or not the coils are good..i know this is how you check, just dont have any experience doing it

Re: How do you test coils?

pull off the wires for the coil you want to test and connect your multimeter leads to each terminal, then check the resistance. what engine do you have?

Comment

autozone can do it

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
      http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
      Or this

Comment

2 ways.

1st way: Remove each coil. You must test the primary and secondary resistance. Use a hanes manual for this. It tells you how to test for both, as well as what ohm values you should be within.

2nd way: Leave the coils on the car, and pull one plug wire off at a time (from the coil). Start the car with one plug wire off at a time. If you hear a sparking/zapping noise, then the coil is good (you should hear it for both cylinders on a coil).
        2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

theres an easier way but it requires a dumb friend... wouldnt hurt ya to buy em a few drinks first...
          foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
          if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

Originally posted by CamaroJeff™
            theres an easier way but it requires a dumb friend... wouldnt hurt ya to buy em a few drinks first...
            If you decide to use this method please be sure to record this on the highest quality camera you have.
            Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

ive tried many times. noone will volunteer, especially when the camera gets brought out :(
              foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
              if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X