I hate WATER!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate WATER!

Does everyone have the same situation of when it rains water drops down onto the engine and sits in this pocket between the left side of the intake along the intake manifold and right next to the valve cover. it pisses me off the plastic trim around the windshield is fine. but its how these two platic trim pieces connect.

anyone else notice this. i feel like its a big deal or a serious problem. the fact that water is slowly working it way into the seals of my engine or worse. i do have an oil leak and i sometimes get a little bit of water in the oil. This is bogus.
    I cant think of soething to mcgyver up to fix it. i checked the rubber seal, added some other stuff.

thanks for reading about my ranting. somebody has got to be in the same boat out there.
    Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Re: I hate WATER!

usually people have a problem with water dripping down onto thier coil packs and frying them
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

if water is getting into your oil, that's a failed gasket, not rain-water getting into the engine bay

Comment

yah. i know. but the water thing still grinds my gears. the water does not spill onto the coil packs. the water just sits there on top of the engine. can someone check it out to see if there shizel leaks water too?
        Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Thanks Peter for you segment of "What Really Grinds My Gears."

No I cant say I have that problem....

Comment

Dear Peter,

I had that same problem, except it was not rain water, it was an upper intake manifold gasket leak. I fixed the problem by replacing the gasket. The parts were cheap, but to get the intake off was a pretty good sized job. Taking all that apart really "grinds my gears"!

I was seeing water/coolant in the crevices around the intake. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by reillyracing
              Thanks Peter for you segment of "What Really Grinds My Gears."
              What a great episode. I love that show.
              Let's flip a coin. Heads I get tail, Tails I get head.

Comment

know what else grinds my gears, I dont see orange coolant up top, just good ol' freakin water. i think you should all check this place next time the day after a good rainy day.

i think the is only good for firebirds 98 and up or older 3.8 powered models. im sure it could be the same for the camaros.

Comment

I get water on top of my engine too.
                  Check out my cardomain site!<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/99pewterv6\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a>

Comment

Originally posted by youngsc
                    What a great episode. I love that show.
                    Peter weredyouget crack from?

Blacks.....

PETER!!!!!!

Blacks the convinuant store....There was a white guy selling it...

LOL greatest show ever!

Comment

Dont feel bat my engine gets water on it when it rains.... probably because i cut my vents out though hahahahahh sorry

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X