Weird rattling noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird rattling noise

First off, I have a 1997 3.8L A4 Camaro that I've had for about 9 months. I just started driving it again after a few months in the garage, and it hasn't had any problems up until now. It started about a week ago when I was driving (going about 50); there was this really weird rattling/vibrating from the center of the car. It felt and sounded like it was coming from under the back center console (under where you keep CDs and whatnot). But it wasn't a rattle like a coin or something is in there, it's a really bad vibrating one...it went away for about a week and then came back yesterday and it hasn't gone away since. It sounds like it's coming from the interior but it also sounds like a mechanical problem. I don't know too much about cars; has anyone else had this happen or can help me? Thanks in advance, Paul.

Re: Weird rattling noise

theres not much in the middle of the car. only things that come to mind are exhaust piping, heat sheilds and driveshaft. get under the car and take a look and see if theres anything loose.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
    Or this

Comment

Well I took it into Tuffy today and the guy said that it's definitely on the interior of the car but that I'd have to take it to a body shop to get it fixed... I still have no idea what it is but I guess I'll try and take the center console out and see what I can see. Is it hard to get out? I know, after reupholstering my door panels, that GM doesn't like to make cars that come apart easily...

Comment

Originally posted by pmcv21
        Well I took it into Tuffy today and the guy said that it's definitely on the interior of the car but that I'd have to take it to a body shop to get it fixed... I still have no idea what it is but I guess I'll try and take the center console out and see what I can see. Is it hard to get out? I know, after reupholstering my door panels, that GM doesn't like to make cars that come apart easily...
        Actually the center console comes out pretty easly. If you have a M5 just be careful not to break the plastic clips on your shifter boot.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X