Fuel pump ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel pump ?????

Hey I have a few ?s about fuel issues. well I got a car from a place that took my car as a repo. well im trying to get it to run and I know the car isnt getting fuel So it could be a fuse or it could be the fuel pump. also what makes me think it is a fuse or switch is cause the car was sitting cause the tranny is shot in it... so i dont think the fuel pump went out while it was sitting. So what are somethings I can do to check? where are all the fueses for the fuel pump or fuel system?

PS when I turn on the car I cant hear the fuel pump. Also do this cars have a fuel shut off switch????

Thanks!!!!

Re: Fuel pump ?????

it probably the anti theft turning on . it shuts off the fuel pump . are you usinf the right key ?

Comment

uhhhhhh yeah Im pretty sure its the right key well \ idk lol i can turn the car over and everthing turns on. So yeah I pretty sure it is the right key.

Comment

lol you have the right key. Are anylights staying on..And what kind of car?

Comment

93 firebird and I just went out to the car to watch the security light and it goes off in about 5 sec of turning the key on.

Comment

Ok so you dont have a problem with that. Are you getting spark?

Comment

yep I sprayed fuel into the intake and caught my are almost on fire lol its just not getting fuel.

Comment

First thing I would do is change the filter...Cheap and it could solve your problem.

Comment

k ill try that thanks guys also I dont about just the filter cause I really dont hear the fuel pump turn on so idk whats the prob.

Comment

Oh ok my bad I read your first post too fast. I thought it said you CAN hear it. My bad. Yeh scratch the filter. Check to see if its getting powr.

Sorry about that.

Comment

No prob. how can I check that do I have to get to the fuel pump itsself?

Comment

Just check the fuses first. Then if there good. Yes you need to get the pump. There are 2 an in tank and out of tank (I believe I may be thinking of my truck) but anyways turn the igniton on and see you have power. You do this by hooking a VOM to the connections at the pump itself. If its getting power the pump is good.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X