LT1 Injector Install!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LT1 Injector Install!!

So I just finished installing my new (used) set of LT1 injectors. Now before you ask "Why stock LT1?"
    Heres my answer. 1. Dont have enough mods to need more then 24lbs.
    2. Got them cheap!

But they work great no codes were thrown, as of right know. Everything fit great no additional mods were needed. While I was in there I cleaned it up alittle and put red wire lums (SP?) on. Looks and runs good. It is diffantly louder now and with my new Hooker Catbacks going on monday itll sound GREAT!

Re: LT1 Injector Install!!

95 3.4

Comment

Im thinking you will still need to tune for those injectors for them to work completely fine even thoug you arent having trouble wiht the car.
      01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
      AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
      www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
      www.vaperz.com
      PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Comment

Yeh I plan on a tune anyways...But I'll be leave in 2 weeks for 5 months. So I figure I'll do it when I get back. No ones going to be driving it so itll be fine.

Comment

Ok, well good luck with it when u do get back.
          01\'Y87 Firebird:Gt1 cam,Vig.3000 stall
          AR stage 3 heads/intakes to be installed
          www.cardomain.com/id/firehawknwv
          www.vaperz.com
          PEWTER MAFIA/ Kristen's "PEWTER MAFIA KING"

Comment

so you are pig rich then, and injectors are not going to change the sound at all, the catback setup will though once you get that on
            http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 97rs4life
              so you are pig rich then, and injectors are not going to change the sound at all, the catback setup will though once you get that on
              What can I do to run not so rich?? put a bigger gap on my plugs? and what else??

Comment

well what mods are you running to need the step up in injectors? Cuz right now you are pouring a lot more fuel in than what was stock and no tuning to compensate for it unless you have some engine work done that would need the extra fuel.

Comment

Comp cam and springs, pacesetter headers, K&N, the new hooker set-up tomorrow, high volume oil pump. all the free mods. And a few other small mods I forget.

Comment

97 rs you got something for me??

Comment

sorry missed it with the other new posts. I really don't see a need for injectors with your setup at all. If you had headwork, intakes, and such like that then sure. Or FI where you were outperforming a FMU.

I guess you can always get on a dyno with a wideband and see how it is running. Might want to monitor gas MPG and see if you are sucking it down quicker, or watch spark plugs

Comment

Its about time for new plugs I'm going to do that and what should I gap them at? Theres a dyno place right up the street I'll stop by there and see how much they want.

I'm leaving in 2 weeks for 5 months so right now it may not be worth tuning it since its not going to be driven.

Comment

Originally posted by reillyracing
                          Its about time for new plugs I'm going to do that and what should I gap them at? Theres a dyno place right up the street I'll stop by there and see how much they want.

I'm leaving in 2 weeks for 5 months so right now it may not be worth tuning it since its not going to be driven.
                          what do you plan on tuning a 3.4 with anyways? You buying a stand along FAST system or megasquirt system?

Comment

I'm going to get a megasquirt system when I get back.

Comment

alright, then you will be fine since you are letting the car sit anyways.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X