stealership put wrong coolant in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stealership put wrong coolant in

So I took my Aztek to the stealership to have them replace the cat before it hit the 80k miles and it had 78k miles on it. I had them flush the coolant out and they put green in. It says Dex-cool only and there a GM dealership. They should know better. What are your opinions on what I should do? Take it back or let it be? I'm kinda irritated that they charge so much but they cant even follow their (GM) own directions.
    Originally posted by kala
    I'll have buttsecks with Richard Simmons!

TEAM BLACK!!!
    parting her out

Re: stealership put wrong coolant in

take it back and make them reflush it for free. I would also push it further because I doubt the stupid **** will actually flush it again to fix his mistake but who knows. I would push getting a refund and extra since he and you have run your water pump without the lubricating properties of dexcool. basically, I would **** down their neck
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

I was really leaning to that and was curious to know what your paticular opinion was.
      I'm defintly curious on others opinions also.

TEAM BLACK!!!
      parting her out

Comment

i thought there were problems with dex cool getting gunky, and that the green collent was soposed to be better?

Abbott long tubes,homemade true duals,slp ram air,whisper lid,eibach springs,kyb shocks,BMR subframe connectors, BMR LCA reloc brackets,BMR LCAs. T-top/manual converted

Comment

there are a lot of those "mixes with any color" antifreezes out there. does not mean its dexcool. dealership or not theyre out to make money. they will use whatever is cheapest for them.
          in other words if it isnt orange, it isnt dexcool.
          foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
          if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

i would run it til the motor gets gunky and then have then replace the whole engine due to THEIR mistake.....

Comment

Originally posted by crushedout
              I was really leaning to that and was curious to know what your particular opinion was.
              I'm definitely curious on others opinions also.
              the whole water pump thing is a weapon, you really probably didn't do any damage in the short period of time.

people switching to other than Dexcool is like hondas and their spoilers, just stupid. Dexcool has anti-corrosive properties and lubricant for the water pump, something other coolants do not supplement. Dexcool does gunk up over time/when contaminated but it is the proper coolant for the vehicle. I would use nothing but while maintaining it. 5yr/100K is pretty much a joke though. I would personally swap my green coolant cars for Dexcool if I drove them.
              2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by Meatyshells
                i thought there were problems with dex cool getting gunky, and that the green coolant was soposed to be better?
                If you leave the Dex-cool in forever you will have problems. Sure it will last 100k miles but at 101k your motor will be shot, lol. I just bought this vehicle 2 months ago and was guessing it was original fluid so I was swapping out. I figured swap it out with orange and be good with coolant til I sell it in about 3 years or so.

Originally posted by bonesbrakr
                i would run it til the motor gets gunky and then have then replace the whole engine due to THEIR mistake.....
                This is a good idea but they would never own up to it and pay for the motor swap.

Originally posted by BLLDOGG
                the whole water pump thing is a weapon, you really probably didn't do any damage in the short period of time.

people switching to other than Dexcool is like hondas and their spoilers, just stupid. Dexcool has anti-corrosive properties and lubricant for the water pump, something other coolants do not supplement. Dexcool does gunk up over time/when contaminated but it is the proper coolant for the vehicle. I would use nothing but while maintaining it. 5yr/100K is pretty much a joke though. I would personally swap my green coolant cars for Dexcool if I drove them.
                Thanks, I'm gonna go in there and tell them "people switching to other than Dexcool is like hondas and their spoilers, just stupid"

Seriously though, thanks for the advice.

TEAM BLACK!!!
                parting her out

Comment

People have problems if they don't use the proper 50/50 mix. These links are from my site:

http://www.getahelmet.com/jeeps/maint/dexcool/

http://www.theherd.com/articles/dex_cool.html
                  Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

So I called the stealership and they said to bring it in on Monday morning and they would flush it all out for free and give me a car to drive while they have it.

TEAM BLACK!!!
                    parting her out

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X