best oil for our cars??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best oil for our cars??

what does everyone think the best motor oil for our cars would be?? I didn't find anything about this in the search so.....thanks for all the opinions.

I use 10w-30 mobile 1 super synthetic

Comment

I use chevron 10w-30. I have my reasons but its too long of a story for me to type right now, just suffice it to say awesome protection.
      00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

i use mobile 1 synthetic

Comment

Mobil 1 10w-30 here. (Mobil, not Mobile) [img]tongue.gif[/img]
          Matt
          1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
          Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

I've heard a lot about the royal purple brand....any comments on it??

Comment

my dad and i use and sell amsoil synthetic they were the first and are the best. i run it through my whole car. they say if u run all synthetic its about 8 hp. all synthetic is oil, tranny, and gear lube. jlynch@mwgl.org if you are interested. p.s. amsoil dominates royal purple
              1995 black firebird,t-tops,3.4L M5 Comp cam,gutted cat,Cold Air,80 series flowmaster,limited slip rear end with 3.42 gear, Hurst Billet Plus, 17\" American Racin Torq Thrust II

Comment

Mobil 1 synthetic.. amsoil is supposed to be as good or a little better, a lot of "race ready" cars run amsoil in them over mobil 1. Amsoil synthetic and mobil 1 synthetic are most common and most likely the top 2 oils (both kinda pricey, amsoil even more than mobil 1).
                <a href=\"http://home.comcast.net/~beer13oy/carpage.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>1995 3.4 Liter M5 Camaro</b></a><br />A few mods...<br />still slow.<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.mnfbody.com\" target=\"_blank\">Minnesota F-body</a>

Comment

I've run Royal Purple for almost a year now and I love it. Very smooth makes the car seem to glide through the powerband.
                  <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

mobil 1 10w30 every 5k miles or oil change light, whichever comes first with premium oil filter.

Comment

okay thanks everyone...I haven't had my car long so it's time for it's first oil change / filter replacement....I take it I should go with mobil 1, any ideas on the best filter??

Comment

its all up to you...a mobil 1 filter is knid of pricey at 10 or 11 bucks and i guess you could run a cheaper filter but i like to know ive got a premium oil filter

i also run Mobil 1 supersyn 5w30
                        1994 white Firebird M5<br />Flowmasters, CAI, 3.73s, LSD, coated pacesetters, eibach pro-kit, bilsteins, hurst shifter, JVC stereo, 18\" C5 vette wheels, Kuhmo Ecsta ASX rubber<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/744299\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/744299</a> <br /><br />Coming Soon: Turbo!

Comment

I like to use the fram tough guard filter i like the grips :D

Comment

geez, you guys buy some expensive oil for cars that don't really need it [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I just use the mobil 5w30 or 10w30 depending on the season, synthetic blend, with a fram filter.

Replace your oil regularly you don't really need to go buy all that extra high dollar crap.

And no offense, but amsoil isn't going to get ur 8hp lol. My dad had done the test on a dyno.. got 4 1/2 hp out of an old hot rodded Camaro... so I doubt we'll see anything like that.
                            <b><a href=\"http://members.cox.net/95batmobile/d86f.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Sinister Six©</b></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/95batmobile\" target=\"_blank\">My \'95 Bird</a><br />I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning how to sail my ship.

Comment

I just bought $300 worth of 10w30 and 5w30 Amsoil Pure synthetic
                              New:04 GMC Sierra 1500 RCLB 4x4 5.3 GU80 3.73\'s.<br />Truck pics<br />Mods<br />Go fast: Panel K&N filter and soon SS truck catback.<br />Appearance: Stull Billet grill,Weston Chrome step tubes,Rhino Chrome hitch step,ARE painted fiberglass cover,Silver star lighting.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                                New Owner!
                                by LETZRIDE
                                I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                                3 days ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Little work today
                                by ssms5411
                                Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • LETZRIDE
                                Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                                by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                                Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                                By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                                Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                                02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X