Advice On Getting My Car To Pass Smog - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice On Getting My Car To Pass Smog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice On Getting My Car To Pass Smog

Ok guys, I took my 95 camaro 3.4L to have it smoged. It passed on everything exect for the NOx. The CA. limit is something like 500 ppm and my car was at 1500 ppm. I took it to a mechanic and he told me that my car is running hot and that is what is causing it. he said I would need to replace my water pump and radiator and I may have a blown head gasket. Anyone have any other thoughts on this. Could I get away with just replacing the EGR Valve and thermostat? I did notice the my coolent has some rust in it. I just need a quick fix so I can get it to pass smog. I plan on selling the car real soon and don't want to invest $1000 on replacing the cooling system.

Re: Advice On Getting My Car To Pass Smog

seafoam it and maybe replace egr, see if that does the trick first.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

I guess what I'm asking is has anyone herd of a car not passing smog due to the cooling system?

Comment

yes the cooling system can cause issues as well, also could be a thermostat not working correctly. I would check egr though, maybe do a full tune up with fuel filter, plugs, wires while you are at it.
        Last edited by 97rs4life; 04-17-2007, 03:50 PM.
        http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

move outta cali. to lower gas prices and no smog crap.... like michigan! :tup:

no, actually, dont move to michigan. except for the good sports teams, this place sucks... and granholm couldn't govern her way out of a paper bag...

but seriously tho, the EGR is the biggest component for NOx emissions in the system. check that out first.
          2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

I bet you have a blown head gasket. If there is **** in the radiator and its overheating.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X