burning oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burning oil

recently ive discovered i was burning oil fairly bad. I have recently had a tune up, and for the exhaust system. i have pacesetter headers (which have a few exhaust leaks at certain points on the downpipe and stuff that im gonna fix), and about 4 days ago i had put Haveline 5w 30 in it with some engine restorer. I have a 1995 3.4L Camaro, and i sorta want to make this stop smoking, any body have any suggestions to stop this???? O yea, and i put some fuel injector cleaner in it like about a week ago and im running on regular gas.

i have heard from a different forum to try using 20w 50 oil, what do you guys think about that. Whould this solve the problem, or just screw me up more?

by the way...its a 1995 3.4L camaro
    Last edited by blink18236dude; 04-15-2007, 08:59 PM.

Re: burning oil

trying a complete seafoaming maybe? cheap and effective

http://www2.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534376 < good guide
    1999 v6 Camaro M5
    Automatic to Manual converted
    Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
    !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

what does a seafoaming do?

Comment

that post pretty much tells you, but it basically cleans your injectors, oil, and engine internals of carbon deposits that could be causing your car to smoke.
        1999 v6 Camaro M5
        Automatic to Manual converted
        Pacesetter Headers, 2.5" Custom True Duals with X-Pipe and Magnaflow Bullet Muffers,
        !cat, Intake, 3.42's with LSD, MSD Wires, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Short Shifter, Tuned PCM

Comment

seafoam or thicker oil will not solve your problem. you probably have some worn rings or valve seals.
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X