Compressor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compressor

My AC hasn't worked in a couple of years. Well i can't take it anymore with the Florida heat and when a compressor goes bad doesn't it start to leak? Also what the best way to see if its leaking?

Also this is a 3.8 V6

Re: Compressor

Best way to check for a leak is have a shop fill it and put a can of Dye in with the freon. After a few uses, take it back and they will check for a leak using an Ultraviolet Light.

You may just have a leak in a line, it doesn't necessarily mean that the compressor is bad.
    sigpic

Comment

I have put the UV dye in and found no leaks on lines but seen a few specs on the compressor and am not for sure it thats the dye or something else.

Comment

So, how did you put the dye in there? If you have the capability to do that, you should know how to check the system pressure. Is there any pressure in the system? My thinking here is that if there is enough pressure in the system the compressor should work, and if it isn't working, then you have a control problem (pressure switch (sensor), wiring, clutch, control panel, etc...)

Also, for the leak check, don't limit your inspection to just the compressor and lines. You have to look at the whole system, like the condenser (infront of the radiator) and the evaporater at the firewall.
        Now Playing: \'99 Pewter Firebird, stock, bone stock, and nothing but stock, so help me God!<br />Comming attractions: K&N Filter, Lid Mod, Intake Bellows Smooth Pipe Mod.<br />I dream about: Forced Induction (TC or SC) or NOX (or both!)

Comment

yea no pressure i put the freon in and 2 weeks later no ac again. also i checked the cinjdenser nothing. i am gonna just put more freon in it and look a little more

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X