Noises at start up?! And other Problems! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Noises at start up?! And other Problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noises at start up?! And other Problems!

Ok, here we go...
    When I first start my car I hear a tapping coming from the front of the car (sound gone within 10 seconds), I also hear rattling coming from underneath the car (gone within 30 seconds), and my oil change light comes on (gone in 30 seconds), and just had an oil change, oil looks very good and its on the full marker. The car runs very well and doesnt idle rough, although it did at one time, but I sea fomed and it fixed everything. But now the noises are back again...

Another thing, sometimes when I let off of the gas and hit the brake, the car seems like its going to die, not like motor but in electrical, I can really tell if the AC is on high because you can really hear it die down...

Also, when I was driving yesterday, nice day, car was warm, running well, and then I let off the gas and the thing almost stalls! No SES...

So alot of stuff it seems, guess Im hoping that one thing is the cause of my problems. What do you huys think???
    sigpic
    98 Camaro 3.8 M5 Y87 | 99 Camaro LS1 Z28 T56

Re: Noises at start up?! And other Problems!

TTT

C'mon, WTF? Someone must know Something!?
    sigpic

Comment

Check the alternator for the electrical/almost dieing problem.

Comment

as for the noises... dude, you'll have to have a friend start it up and listen w/ a garden hose to your ear for where they're comin from. noises could be a MILLION different things. you gotta be more specific.

oil change light: there is no sensor in the oil that checks its condition... you're gonna reset it by holding down your trip odometer reset button thing for 15 seconds with the car running. after 15 seconds of holding, the oil change light will blink on and off. you've just reset it. the car calculates how you drive the car vs. how long since you've reset the oil change light. it doesnt work well if you drive in dusty conditions or if you use something like amsoil tho...

as far as that electrical stuff goes, i'd start scrubbing grounds w/ a wire brush and baking soda/water paste... mine does the same thing... i've just been too lazy to get under there... besides, its just now getting warm.

You let off the gas and it almost stalled. no ses codes. sounds like a textbook vacuum leak. check all hoses for cracks, brittleness, etc.
        2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Ok, noises from the front of the car are coming from the engine, and under it, sounds like the cat.

Didn't know about reseting the light. Didnt think it was like that, because before I got the oil changed, the light stayed on the entire time I drove. But directly after, it does on off thing??? The ppl who did the oil change must have done somthing to the light. If they didnt why would it do this?

I will clean all the grounds. I can see how that would do it. Maybe Ill buy more grounds for the block to firewall. I dont really see how it could be the alt.

Thanks for the info guys.
          sigpic

Comment

Whats seafoam?? This is the first I've heard of it....

Comment

Originally posted by reillyracing
              Whats seafoam?? This is the first I've heard of it....
              http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...hlight=Seafoam

Here you go! Your lucky, most ppl would flame you for that. :twak:
              Anyway, just follow the link. Once you learn how to do it, do it! I have gained lots of gas milage, power, and fixed rough idle. And thats just the step of putting it in your brake booster line. You can put it in you gas and oil too! I even cleaned/fixed my EGR with Seafoam Deep Creep! Now that you see I saved $130+ on a new EGR and who knows how much money Ill save in gas, that should be enough motivation for you to go find out what it is! Good luck!
              sigpic

Comment

rattling cat = bad cat = time for new one
                http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

mine rattles like that, but theres no cat...
                  if its the first 10 seconds of startup it sounds like lifters pumping up. as in theyre bleeding down after you shut it off. could be the the y-pipe, but if it goes away that fast it really resembles lifter tap...
                  stalling definately sounds like a vacuum leak. either put a gauge on it or try the "flammable aerosol spray" test.
                  foggy headlights? wetsand... buff... WAX!!!
                  if nissan motorsports is nismo does that mean honda motorsports is homo?

Comment

there all normal stuff

the 10 second noise is normal or new and old cars, its the lifters priming at mentioned before

the light is going off so its normal

and when you press the brake with a/c on max the sound of the a/c goes down a bit that is normal also.. come on guys think about this stuff
                    95 camaro 3.4auto, 3:23 gears, K&n intake, jet stage 1 chip, clear corners, flowmaster 80series, carsound cat,

Comment

any chance you can get a video/clip?

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
                      Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

the oil light just has to be reset. i dont know what was done b4, i'm just sayin, i know thats how our cars work...

As far as the noises go, what do they sound like? tapping? ticking? grinding? is it a regularly paced noise or is it kind of random? does it vary w/ rpm?
                        2000 3.8L Camaro A4 Pewter Y87<br />K&N Filter, SLP Ram Air kit, Eibach Pro Kit, Flowmaster 80 series, Silverstars, NGK plugs and MSD Super Conductor Wires, Electric Water Pump

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X