droptop rear window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• droptop rear window

mine is comming loose but tops still good.
    A top shop says need to replace top for $1200.
    Theres got to be a way to reglue them without replacement of entire top and rear glass.

You lost me....
    *Matt

Old people shouldnt use the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by StrtRacer98:
      You lost me....
      He wants to replace the rear window of his convertable without having to put in a whole new bow.
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Use contact cement read derections worker
        for me

Comment

We were discussing waterproof adhesives a couple weeks ago and most agreed with me that Marine Adhesive cement is the fo shizzle. I got it from a Marine Supply Store for around $20 a tube. Holds seams together below the waterline on boats. Not a two-stage epoxy - this comes all in one tube but needs at least 48 hrs to cure.
          \'01 Camaro Vert ~ Black on Teal (but Mean Green in the sun)

Comment

Rat did you remove any of the old sealant /glue,mines cracking and has pieces of glue missing.
            Glass and top are fine its just the glue that they used to attach the glass is bad.
            how long has yours been repaired

Comment

take old glue off. My top has ben good for a
              year and counting.

Comment

and may I ask how did you remove all of it?

Comment

razor blades hard work beats $1200 for new one

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Vladimir Gecko
                    Low Voltage
                    by Vladimir Gecko
                    I recently ran into a problem where when I drove my battery gauge showed low voltage. I compulsively replaced the battery and it was still doing the same...
                    1 hour ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    New Owner!
                    by LETZRIDE
                    I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                    5 days ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Little work today
                    by ssms5411
                    Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • LETZRIDE
                    Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                    by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                    Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                    By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                    Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                    02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X