X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to gap plugs?

Well, this may seem a simple question.

But how do you all gap plugs?

I am going to change mine soon after I seafoam( I just HAVE to try this) and was going to get new plugs in the process. Well, last time I gapped plugs, my dad gets out a plug gapper, then just bangs the plug on the bench, and works it out to whatever size needed.

Is this an old man trick or something? I was used to people using plyers and such.

Step 1: Drive to auto parts store.
    Step 2: Purchase Haynes manual.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

the sell a plug gapper that has wire loops all along it and some hooks on it to pry the plug up. i use that for prying and the other kind that had the measurement all around it for sizing. i wouldnt hit the plug on anything cause you could damage it.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

why dont you just buy new plugs. they are sooo cheap these days. its not worth the hassel to gap them yourself. you mine as well buy new ones since your going to have to take them out to gap them

Comment

he is getting new plugs. he said it in his post [img]tongue.gif[/img]

hes asking how cause your supose to gap new plugs prior to install. even pregapped plugs.
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

do what your dad does.

My dad does this also, and it wroks fine.

Comment

I'll tell you how to gap spark plugs. You buy a tool called a feeler guage, your dad may already have on. Here is a picure of one from snap on: http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....store&tool=all

Is has a bunch of tabs that pull out in different sizes, metric and english, you just pull out the ones that add up to whatever gap size you want, put them together and slide it into the spark plug.
              1999 Firebird

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X